macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xuvupyi
    Ultrabit Video 204 (Dragging Sample problem)
    Hi, I was going through the Logic 204 Ultrabit video tutorial where towards the end it shows how you can simply drag an Apple Loop from the Loops library into an empty sample box in the bottom OSC2 area to then do some sort of chopping For some reason I cannot drag Apple Loops into my Ultrabeat, I can drag but the sample does not drop into the Sample Box I am replicating the action from the video tutorial and the only difference I can see is that in the video tutorial for that specific section Ultrabit from Logic 7 was used instead Ultrabeat 8 Any idea what the problem could be? Can Ultrabrat actually play CAF Apple loof files or any apple loop file (Well, he does in the video so I guess so... mmm) Thank you for your help
  • steveH
    Re: Ultrabit Video 204 (Dragging Sample problem)
    When Apple released L8, all of the Appleloops were made into the CAF (Core Audio Format) file format. A CAF file is a container file and no longer recognized by UltraBeats sampler! This is a real shame! However, you can covert the file into an AIFF file and then drag it into UltraBeat! Apple knows about this and will (hopefully) fix it in a future upgrade. Sorry! Steve H.
  • Xuvupyi
    Oh.... yes I had a bad vibe about CAF :) Thank you very much for the quick reply, appreciated Cheers :)
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Steve H.:) How are you? It's an honor to meet you:) Love the ULTRABEAT UNLEASHED tutorial:) You make it so much easier as compared to the manual! hahahaha:) I had that same problem as Hokuto about dragging loops from the library into the sample in OSC2, but only for certain loops! Does that mean that if a loop can't be dropped into the sample section of OSC2, then it is a CAF file???? I mean, I "can & can't" drag and drop both green and blue loops from the library, which means that those loops are CAF???? Thanks Steve:) Your CANADIAN phriend in Japan:) Jodie Campbell p.s. I'm a guy:) p.s.s. If you had to choose between an Axiom 49 or an Edirol PCR-500 Midi Controller, which one would you choose? Keep in mind, I'm a drummer who CAN'T play the keyboards; I just want to be able to trigger Ultrabeat samples via a Midi Controller when playing live:) p.s.s.s. If you're bored, check out my band's website: http://www.ericmandalaandthetribe.com
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Hokuto, How are you? I have that same problem for some loops BUT not all of them. Are you saying you CAN'T drag ANY loops into the sampler in the OSC2? Jodie
  • Xuvupyi
    Hi, I tried a lot of them and even tried to load apple loops (included with logic installation) from the load new sample option... none of those I tried worked, but yes as great Steve suggested, convert to audio then add to OSC2, this way is fine OH yes.... the video tutorial on Ultrabeat (and all other Logic tutorials for that matter) is simply great. From not knowing how to use it after a fresh install to use it in a prouctive way all in the time it takes to watch the tutorial :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie & Hokuto, It is just a problem with the caf apple loops. As Steve said, hope it gets rectified in a future update. Jodie, if you have an old version of Garageband then maybe you have some aiff apple loops on your system? Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, What's up? I have the Garageband version that comes with Leopard. Can I ask: How do you convert apple loops from the library into CAF? Thanks man. Jodie p.s. I'm leaning towards the Edirol PCR-500. Whaddya think?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, You can check what kind of apple loops you have on system: Go to the location: HD > Library > Audio > Apple Loops > Apple ... and check out all the sub folders. They should all have apple loops ending in .caf Cheers Rounik p.s. I'm sure whichever controller you choose will be great :) The PCR-500 looks nice.
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Thanks man. Checking now:) OK, the PCR-500 it is:) Talk soon. Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: