macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Titouan
    Assign Track in Logic Express 7
    Hi ! I have for about two weeks, a Logic Express 7.2.3 version. Before, I've used Audio Desk 2.0 and Digital Performer 5.1 and 6, but I've a problem with LE. I have a MOTU 828MK2 interface, and a white intel iMac with OSX 10.4.11. I don't find how to assign inputs and outputs to a track. Yes, I see "Input1" and "Output1-2" in the left under table, but I don't see with what it matches on my MOTU. I went to the Preferences>Core Audio, but I don't see what it could be. Can someone help me ? (sorry for my english, I'm a french-speaker) Titouan
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Assign Track in Logic Express 7
    Hi Titouan Welcome to the forums :-) I'm not familiar with the Motu 828MK2. But I have looked at a picture of it on the MOTU website: [url]http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/828mkII/images/828mkII-USB2_large.jpg/image_view_fullscreen[/url] It seems that output 1-2 would be Main Out R-L on the back and Input 1 & 2 would be either the hi-z inputs marked "Mic/Guitar 1 / 2" on the front or Balanced/Unbalanced inputs 1 & 2 on the back. Hope that helps. Let us know if you need more help. Cheers Rounik
  • Titouan
    It works, thanks very much =) But now, there's another problem. I can't choose the assignement of the tracks (input is sorted by ascending number, and output is by default "output1-2"). I tried to click on the assignement, but it didn't let me the choice :-S
  • Rounik Admin
    If you click and hold on the Input rectangle or the Output rectangle, you should see a drop down menu appear which allows you to select the desired input or output respecively. In the following screen shot I have clicked on the Input selection on an audio track in Logic 8. I should be similar in Logic 7 if my memory serves me well... [img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5058/picture2gm0.png[/img] Cheers Rounik
  • Titouan
    Yes, Thanks, it works perfectly =)
  • Rounik Admin
    :-)
  • Interface to Logic
    Re: Assign Track in Logic Express ...
    I was wondering if you knew how to assign tracks to the inputs of the ZOOM interface R16. I heard i can use the BUS. Thanks for your time.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Interface to Logic, Welcome to the forums. Do you mean assign an inputs of the Zoom R16 to different audio tracks in Logic? Do you want this to work in Logic 7?? (You've posted in an existing Logic 7 thread). Thanks :)
  • Interface to Logic
    I actually got it all figured out. But thank you so much for getting back tome. If i have any other questions i will get back to you for sure, thnx again
  • Rounik Admin
    Really glad to hear you're up and running :) Please feel free to leave your solution so others can benefit too. Would be useful to know your Logic version too. Thanks :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: