macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Manabu
    Audio Track Disregards Solo, It Keeps On Playing!
    I have noticed this issue recently (I am fairly new to Logic), but some Audio recording tracks keeps playing when I solo other track(s) when I don't expec it to. Other software instruments track wold work as I expect. In order to reproduce and demonstrate this issue, I downloaded Mark's "That's Logic" and see if this happens, and it does. Here, the steps to reproduce this issue. 1) Load "That's Logic" from the MPV "Mastering Logic 8" product site. 2) Solo Track 4 "Pads Audio 1" only. 3) Go to Bar 73-81. In my case, I still hear Alison's voice playing out of Track 8. Does this have something to do with the fact that Alison's track is also bussed to #2? But even after I turn off the Bus 2 send, I still hear her voice. I can mute Track 8. That works. It simply does not mute automatically. I need to determine if this is a bug on the software or if this is a bug on my brain.
  • dynamicalan
    Re: Audio Track Disregards Solo, It Keeps On Playing!
    Hello, do you have bus 2 soloed to? If you do it would come through the assigned outputs along with track 8.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Manabu, I've tried to replicate what you describe but it all works fine for me... Do you know about the different solo and mute modes in Logic (there are about 3!) You can solo 1. just the region 2. just the track in the Arrange 3. The Channels strip independently of the track (if the option is selected in Preferences > Audio [General] I've written up more about the solo/mute modes here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=12604&sid=#12606[/url] Do let us know if this solves your issue. Also, could you remind me what audio interface you're using and version of Logic and OS X. Also check in the Mixer to make sure the channel strip for Allison is not solo-ed too (this is particularly relevant if you have "slow cpu-saving solo/mute" mode on) Cheers Rounik
  • Manabu
    Thanks both. I did not realize that there are so many solo and mute modes. But I did not realize that the track header's solo and mute buttons CAN BE different from the one of the mixing channel strip. That's an excellent tip. With that change I was able to "fix" the problem on hand, but there is one more strange observation. The S button on the channel strip has an S with a red "/" on it. The manual says this is the Solo Safe mode. I am trying to figure that out what the really means, but it has to do with the sends. [img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_sQ8AJonbdHw/SQ4HLI5mbmI/AAAAAAAAA1Y/dZd3jFW4Xsw/ishot-1.jpg[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Manabu, It has many possibilities. The best explanation I have ever found IMHO for Solo safe is here: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1939[/url] Cheers Rounik p.s. the different solo modes can be really useful depending on your work flow. Also be aware of the solo tool which can be used to solo individual regions on a track. (They become highlighted by a yellow border) Cheers Rounik
  • Manabu
    Rounik: The original question I posted stemmed from another "trance" type project that I am working on, and one of the Apple Loops refused to get out of the solo. But in both cases, the Solo Safe mode was the problem I had all along now I've realized. I do thank you and everyone for pointing out these solo/mute issues, that helped me to understand a whole lot more about this mysterious issues I had with "why some sounds do not play" in the past. I was still approaching the software as if it is the "old skool hardware board" emulation and obviously there is a bit more flexibility at the expense of more complexity!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Manabu, Again, it's my pleasure. Glad to be of help :) Logic is a deep and complex program. Luckily, it's easy to get started, but definitely understanding the different mute and solo relationships and the different tools.... helps! one tip in the meantime, to unsolo multiple solo-ed tracks in the Mixer, hold down Option and click on one of the yellow solo buttons. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: