macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Phil.c
    How to create Aux
    This might sound like a stupid question to you seasoned Logic users, but here goes. I'm using Jazz & Big Band with Logic 7, I want to eq. etc. each instrument separately. Each instrument has four aux. How do I configure Logic for Aux's, the manual's not much help here! Thanks!! Phil
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How to create Aux
    Hi Phil, Not a silly question at all! Christian wrote a great post on the topic of multi-timbral and multi-output instruments here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=5121&sid=#5127[/url] Basically, open Big Band as Multi-output (in the Channel strip) In Big Band, route the parts to separate outputs In the Mixer you'll see a little + button. Click on that to create as many Aux's as you need for the different parts. I don't know Jazz & Big Band specifically, but these instructions should help you get underway. The important thing is to find out where in Big Band can you route the individual parts to different outputs (which will then feed an Aux track) Cheers Rounik
  • Phil.c
    Rounik, As far as I can see in JABB, when you open an instruments channel/mixer there are four aux 1-4 faders, there's no routing. In other words you have an option for trumpet 1 to use Aux's 1-4. I have'nt noticed that + button in the mixer, probably because i've not been looking for it :) Phil
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Phil, you are correct, there is no + button in the Mixer - sorry - I forgot that feature is not in Logic 7... I don't know the interface of JABB. Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of the interface? Are the Aux channels you mention in the JABB plug-in or in Logic? If I understand you, set trumpet 1 to aux 1 and the other channels to the other Aux's. In Logic, create an Aux... I can't believe I'm forgetting Logic 7 already (!!!) - but I believe yu can do this in the Environment easily or reassign a track header in the Arrange window by click holding on the name and selecting an aux track that way... Sorry if I'm being vague. I'm finding it hard to recall some of the Logic 7 work methods which have been simplified in Logic 8. Cheers Rounik
  • Phil.c
    [quote:7638]If I understand you, set trumpet 1 to aux 1 and the other channels to the other Aux's. [/quote] Yes, that's it with JABB which is hosted by Kontakt Player. If I remember right I did create an Aux in the environment window but I could'nt click on that plugin box to select Kontakt. Phil
  • Rounik Admin
    In Kontakt's Mixer window you should be able to specify the outputs for each channel. In an Aux Channel strip you should be able to specify the input. Is it working for you? Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Creating new aux in Logic 7 is trickier than in Logic 8. In the environment, select New > Audio Object. In the parameters at the left side of the screen, select a new aux under the "Channel" section. Hope this helps! Christian
  • Phil.c
    Thanks Rounik/Christian i'll give it a go! Phil
  • Phil.c
    I've gone as far as this, but I can't get Kontakt to light up in the Env. window? [url]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll209/Philcog/IMG_0767_1-1.jpg[/url][url]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll209/Philcog/IMG_0767_1-1.jpg[/url][url]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll209/Philcog/IMG_0769_1-1.jpg[/url]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi phil, Thanks... but I can't see the photo of the screen so well... Here's a really useful tip for taking a screenshot in OS X: hold down shift-Cmd (apple key) and press 3 once to take a screen shot of the whole screen. The picture is saved on your desktop. Also, you can try shift-cmd and 4 to bring up a crosshair so you select an area by dragging a box. Again the picture is saved on the desktop. To supplement the picture, could you also describe exactly what steps you have already done and the results (if any) of each step. Thanks! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: