macProVideo.com
Forums
  • toine
    turn off select track = select all region
    Hi, I've noticed that I lost some regions because I wanted to deleted only one, but didn't know others where selected. This becauseof the option that when you click to select a track on the left side, all regions of this track become automatcily selected. Is there a way to turn off this dangerous, I realy don't know why, default programming? Antoine
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: turn off select track = select all region
    Hi Antoine, There is no way to turn this off as default behaviour, however, there are other options. Hold down Option and clicking on the track header will NOT select any regions on the track. If you have a cycle region set and active, clicking on the track header only auto selects the regions within the locators. Clicking on an empty area of the Arrange background will deselect any selected regions. You can also deselect all by choosing it from the main Edit menu or pressing Shift-Cmd-A (Cmd-A selects all). Hope one of those helps :-) Rounik
  • toine
    The second tip helps a bit, although it had to be the opposite in my eyes. Option - Select Track has to select all and nothing happens the default. Again today I did one mistake because of this. When trying to work fast (and Logic should be build for that), this default setting is realy realy bad. Because both are programmed it should be easy to change in the application, just set the switch differently. Can you tell Logic's developpers? ;-) ... It is the first bad and unlogic thing about Logic I've noticed so far, but don't we want perfection?
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:36895] Because both are programmed it should be easy to change in the application, just set the switch differently. Can you tell Logic's developpers? ;-) ...[/quote] yes ok, I'll tell them. They're coming round for cocktails tonight ;-)))) But seriously, I understand your frustration, but in this case quickly clicking on the background is my method of ensuring I don't mistakenly select regions on a track. Cheers :-) Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Antoine, Guess what? There is an option in Logic to turn off automatically selecting regions on a selected track!!! :-) I can't believe I missed this one... Logic Pro > Preferences > Global Uncheck "Select Regions on track selection" Voila! Rounik
  • toine
    Yesssss!!! Thx a lot!!!
  • Podgo
    THANK YOU!!!!!
  • redlogic
    Just remember with [b]Select Regions on Track selection[/b] disabled (unchecked), if you ever [b]do[/b] want to select all regions on a Track, just hold the "option" key and select the Track.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: