macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xidehoy
    Re: Logic Certification
    /Rant C'mon all you MPV'ers - it's time to commit to what you were asking for! It will be good for the community too. /End Rant Shaun
  • Xidehoy
    So, it's no go, bro?
  • steveH
    Alas, only Igor has signed up.
  • odessaflyer
    Hi Steve! apologies for the delay in replying here. If i could get the certification I would really like too and certainly having you as the instructor would be great. Right now I am not in the US - I'm in the Ukraine and regretfully I have other problems that make this opportunity not possible right at this time. But It does not mean that I would not in the future or that I don;t want too. I do! Furthermore I've gotten so much out of your video tutorials that I am progressing in Logic in ways that I can only be thankful for your progarms right here which are awesome! Isn't it possible to have NED on-line certification training!?? the virtual University is pretty amazing. Right now I also have financial situations to tend too but again, it is not a reflection on my desire for the certification program. Thanks very much!! Jake bell
  • macnando
    Hi Steve, Since I bought my first Logic tutorial I wish to do it. Then I found you at NYLPUG with Jonathan Perl but...crossing hemispheres is not that cheap. Anyway, I'm still a TNT fan and I got David Nahmani's training book which btw. is great. Hope you start that soon and also consider an online certification course also. All the best, macnando
  • Xidehoy
    What about doing a series of Logic Cert prep videos? I understand that level 1 can be written without the need of classroom hours. Cheers, Shaun
  • Vejogyi
    Hey Shaun, while that sounds like a good idea, there are legal issues... The official textbook (my book: Logic Pro 8 and Logic Express 8 - Apple Pro Training Series), is what you need to prepare for the level 1 certification. David Dvorin's book (Logic Pro 8: Beyond the Basics) is what you need to prepare for the level 2 certification. Any topic covered by each book is considered "fair game" in the respective test, so those are really the only way to prepare for the tests, whether you take the test alone or decide to attend a workshop. It would actually be illegal to do a video version of the book, since all the content is obviously copyrighted by the publisher, Peachpit.
  • macnando
    Good to have you in this thread, David! So, as I told Steve H. I got your book and I'm going through. Is there any chance to take those tests online? Or am I too crazy to think about it? Well, you know, down here in South America is far away... Great book man, lot's of fun and instruction. All the best, macnando
  • Vejogyi
    No chance I'm afraid. The Apple rules are clear: you can only take an Apple certification test in an Apple Authorized Training Center such as Logic Pro Help in Los Angeles or Mac Pro Trainers in New York. As far as I know, the only online Apple Certification tests are iLife 09 and iWork 09. But for Logic, no chance.
  • Xidehoy
    No, not a 'video version' of your book, David, that would be silly. MPV videos would fall into the category of prepatory materials only, like everything else. I must say that I find your self promotion on this forum not so classy. Regards, Shaun
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: