macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Certification
    David is 100% correct! The Logic 101 exam cannot be taken online unless through an AATC (Apple Authorized Training Centre). You can find one of these centres here: [url]http://training.apple.com/locations[/url] There are numerous benefits to doing the class with Certified trainers like David & Steve H & even myself ;) David's book is what the exam is based on! So, it's wise to invest in that, and I'd also recommend the Core Logic 8: Logic 101 tutorial by Martin Sitter: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] to further help prepare for the Logic 101 exam & course. I know some of my students have found the above video and book a great combination. btw, I think it's good to have David here. We're lucky to have the author of the official Apple Training Cert for Logic level 1 sharing knowledge & know how here :) Hey Shaun, why do you feel there's a problem here with 'self-promotion'? I think David's just telling it like it is... Best Rounik
  • macnando
    Hi Rounik, I agree completely with you. It is great what MPV does, offering this possibility for people like me, living far away, to get the knowledge about Logic and also the privilege to contact the masters. And, sorry Shaun, is there a better place to promote Certification courses then here? I really don't mind and, whenever possible, I'll do it. Greetings everybody. macnando
  • steveH
    Just to be clear... I wholeheartedly welcome David to this forum. His Logic Certification book is awesome and I recommend it highly to anyone who is interested in Logic and, especially, Logic certification. By the way, there is nothing wrong with self promotion especially when said promotion benefits the greater community. As a Apple certified Logic trainer I use and teach from David's book every month... it is the official text book after all! I also recommend all my west coast friends and subscribers to take his LA based certification course! (Though if you live east of the Mississippi come take it with me in New York at [url]http://www.macaudiotrainers.com[/url] (Note: self promotion # 1) Our videos at mPV serve simultaneously both a broader and more focussed view on topics that reinforce and and solidify your knowledge base as Logic users. Where else can you get in-depth 2-3 hour tutorials on Sculpture, ES2 and Ultrabeat! (Note: self promotion # 2) :) Everybody has their preferred way to learn. Some like to read. Some like to watch, listen and learn. And some like it both ways! No need to take sides when it come to knowledge! Personally, I'll take it every way I can get it! SteveH
  • Darren
    Hi David, Steve & Rounik, Actually getting certified sounds like a pipe dream for me due to global isolation. However I see no reason for that to stop me learning as much as possible. I have all the MPV Logic videos (including Tips & Tricks), and have been using logic for a couple of years. So I think I'm past the basics, and perhaps past finding use in a first level book. What would you guys recommend I view or read next in my quest for Logic knowledge? Thanks Darren.
  • macnando
    Hi Darren, You touched the important part of all: learning doesn't depend on certification. It would be just a plus in one's own environment and a possibility to officialy share one's knowledge, in case of working also with education (my case). BTW I read this in the Apple site which gives me hope to have an Apple Authorized Training Center in Brazil one day: "...KM Music Conservatory, which teaches students Western Classical and Indian Classical Music, as well as Audio Media Education, is India's first Apple Authorized Training Center to offer all the students Logic Pro Level 1 Certification classes..." This is part of A.R.Rahman, Oscar winner with his soundtrack for Slum Dog Millionaire at http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/action/arrahman/?sr=hotnews Greetings, macnando
  • steveH
    See the sticky post at the head of this forum! OK it's a done deal! Get your Logic Certification with me in Chicago. And included in the price of the course is a Logic Q and A dinner with me! The course will be at Future Media Concepts Logic Pro 101 Taught by Steve Horelick Chicago 4/22-24, 2009 Special price $1200... Save $225! Call Kris Hollingsworth at FMC and reserve your spot. Tell I sent you to get your discount! 312.566.0400 See you in the "Windy City"!
  • macnando
    Envy you guys! .-) Hope you have a nice time and learn and eat a lot! Greetings to Igor! macnando
  • kiwicomposer
    Well wish I could get there but travelling from New Zealand is way too expensive. Maybe one day I will do a cert... S.
  • steveH
    Hi! We need one or two more signups! As of now I've got two signups! I need at least one more to make it feasible for me to fly to Chicago! Please signup before Thursday so that this certification class can be a reality! This offer includes a free Q and A dinner with me! Here's the info: The course will be at Future Media Concepts Logic Pro 101 Taught by Steve Horelick Chicago 4/22-24, 2009 Special price $1200... Save $225! Call Kris Hollingsworth at FMC and reserve your spot. Tell her I sent you to get your discount! 312.566.0400 Thanks, Steve
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: