macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Popping Sounds
    Hi everyone/Rounik, How ya doin? If anyone is familiar with Roland's SPD-S Sampling Pad, then you know that they ship a CD with all the sounds that are in the SPD-S itself, and I've imported a didgeridoo file (it says MPEG-4, which I'm not quite sure what that is actually), anyway, and within that file there are about 5 or 6 didgeridoo samples of about a second in length. My problem is, when I cut the individual didgeridoo samples within that entire file to isolate them, I am getting this terrible POPPING/KICK DRUM Sound when I click on LOOP in the inspector!! I can't get rid of it, and I've tried everything that I can think of:( Can anyone give me some advice on how to get rid of that POPPING/KICK DRUM Sound when I loop the region? Thanks again. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Popping Sounds
    Hey Jodie, I think you've got the Logic 101 tutorial? If so, check out tutorials 24 (Editing waveforms) & 25 (Search Zero Crossings). Basically, if the dig waveform does not end on the zero crossing at the region boundary, then you will hear pops when looping the region. Open the dig region in the sample editor choose Edit > search Zero Crossings Now when you edit the region in the sample editor Logic will automatically prevent the audio region to be cut or resized on a non zero crossing point. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I have the logic 101 tutorial:) Awesome:) Yeah, I got rid of the popping sounds when I Zero Crossed the sample in the sample editor, BUT, I'm still getting the popping sound when I LOOP the sample. Here's what's happening: i) I have a file from the SPD-S Sampling Pad cd. ii) I cut the section of the file for the part of the file that I want. iii) I edited that section of the file in the sample editor using Zero Crossing. iv) Now, when I LOOP that section, it still pops, BUT, when I copy that section of the file, which I now have 2 regions which are the same, and then Shuffle Left with the new copy, it DOES NOT pop. However, ... v) My problem now is, I want to put those 2 regions together into 1 region/folder so I don't have to copy and paste that original region the entire length of the song, but when I put them into a Folder and Loop the folder, the popping sound is there!! I don't get it because when I just play the 2 regions separately together, the 2 regions are beside each other not attached, there is no popping, but when I pack them in a folder and loop the folder, the popping is there!!!! What am I doing wrong? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, Try inserting a fade in / fade out on the audio file and then loop it. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, I'm not quite sure what you mean by fade in and fade out the loop???? I mean, I know what fade ins and fade outs are, but I don't want the volume to change within the loop. I'll keep phucking around with the sample editor zero crossing and see what happens:) Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, Try it (adjusting the fade in and out) if you input small fade values you probably won't even notice a reduction in volume, but it can smooth out any jumps in audio due when looping a region. Select the audio region. In the Inspector set a small fade in and fade out respectively. Loop the region. Alternatively, in the Sample editor if you find a small bit of waveform that is creating a pop or a click then you can zoom in on it and use the pencil tool to redraw it. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh man (=Rounik), What's up? Thanks for the fade in / fade out tip for popping sounds:) It worked! I'll keep playing with the sample editor's zero crossing option, and the fade in / fade out options:) YOU ROCK MAN:) How long have you been using Logic, and would you ever switch to another software? I didn't know that you could redraw waveforms in the sample editor using the pencil! I gotta go out now, but when I get back, I'm gonna try that out, too:) Thanks again man. Much appreciated:) Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, Glad it's worked!. You might also be interested in the crossfade tool when placing two non-contiguous regions next to eachother. [quote:44659]How long have you been using Logic, and would you ever switch to another software? [/quote] about 6-7 years. No, I love Logic and I'm an Apple Certified Logic Trainer too, so teaching it is part of what I do. :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: