macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Horizon
    UA-25 sample rates
    Martin, I currently have my soundcard sample rate set at 48. All I'm recording is audio. Can I keep it there, or will I need too switch to 44 when mixing & burning too CD. Regards Double J
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: UA-25 sample rates
    Hi DoubleJ, Welcome to the macProVideo forums! I've no experience with the UA-25, but notice you have an "Advanced switch" on it which switches to 44.1Khz only. About your question, are you talking about hardware settings, or Logic's sample rate settings? All Audio interfaces I've used have been controlled by the sample rate of the application (i.e. Logic). So when changing sample rates in Logic the audio interface automatically adjusts. Is this not the case when using the UA-25? If you mean Logic's sample rate settings, then recording, composing, mixing in 48 is fine, then when you've completed the mix, bounce it down to a single audio file and adjust th sample rate in the Bounce dialogue window. When you bounce from a higher sample rate to a lower one make sure to choose "Dither" as well. Cheers Rounik
  • Horizon
    Rounik, Thanks for the quick reply. On the back of the UA-25 is a sample select 44,48, etc. What I was wondering, was when I recorded or mixed, if this needed too be changed from 48, (where it is now) to 44 when mixing too my final format. (CD)
  • Horizon
    Rounik, I just checked a few things out, and it appears too me me...that Logic chooses 44 regardless of the settings on my UA-25, which is at 48. Am I right in thinking, that while I may be going throught the soundcard at 48, that Logic is doing it's own format thing for recording?
  • Horizon
    Rounik, I now see your point. The advance is on, so it must be doing it's 44 thing as you said. My Logic sample rate is also on 44, so all must be cool. This tech. is ubeleivable, but a nightmare too sift through. Soooooo glad this forum is here.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi DOUBLE J, Thanks for your kind words & glad it seems to be working ok. You can change the sample rate in Logic and then save the project as a template if you want to work in 48. That's what I do. You'll need to refer to the UA-25 manual to find out exactly what the 44.1 switch does. I couldn't tell you with any accuracy whether it down converts on the fly or what it does without trying one out. You could create a project in 48. record at 48 (with the UA-25 at 48) and then quite Logic, switch the UA-25 to 44.1 and listen for any difference. Let us know what you discover. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: