macProVideo.com
Forums
  • NONOJO
    AuDelay no automation
    Guys, Why can't i automate the "delay time" in the AuDelay plug-in? What set up in the environment do i need to have to control that setting ? Iv done the standered "touch, latch & write "setting & it does not recognize any movment. What do you recommend? Thnx Jay
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: AuDelay no automation
    Hi Jay, You're right, the AU Delay doesn't appear to allow the delay time to be automated at all! It might well be hard wired that way. The only way I can imagine to record it would be to record the track and delay in real time to an audio track via a bus: Route the output from the track to a Bus. Set the input of an audio track as that Bus. Record enable the audio track and record while automating the delay time of AU Delay. Out of interest, is there something about AUDelay you prefer to say the Logic Plug-ins (Echo, Tape Delay and Stereo Delay - not to mention Delay Designer?) Cheers Rounik
  • NONOJO
    Rounik, Thnx for the reply .. THat's good advise on recording the automation but it takes away from having full control over the feeling & mood im setting ..Lets say if i wanna change it later ... But if i have no choice i'll make doo. The only plug-in that come close to controling the delay efx that im looking for is the Delay Designer but it still does not give the "feeling" im specificly looking for. It's not cool having to compromise ones ideas esp when using such a powerfull program that can offer such a simple tool for creativity .. Im not bashing logic 8 @ all but i keep coming acroos feat. that should be implemented in the program. I hope the programers are taken notes .. thnx again Jay
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jay, yes, unfortunately, that is the issue with recording via a bus... I'm not 100% about this, but I believe the Apple AU effects are not included with Logic specifically, but are built-in to the OS... ...but yes, it would be nice if they were fully integrated properly within Logic. One of the best ways IMHO to help the Logic developers know what features we want is to tell them via the Logic feedback page: [url]http://www.apple.com/feedback/logicpro.html[/url] Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: