macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Displaying Waveforms as Sample Bits
    Heh Rounik, everyone, How ya doin? Heh man, I'm still working on the popping sounds from those files from the SPD-S cd, and I was reading the Logic Pro 8 manual, and it says, "You can switch from the usual representation of the waveform to one that shows the structure of the recorded digital dataâat high magnification levels on the detailed waveform display. This viewing mode is useful when eliminating clicks and pops from your recordings, for example. To display the waveform as sample bits: m Enable the View > Show as Sample & Hold." When I click on the region in the arrange area, and in the sample editor, the SHOW AS SAMPLE & HOLD option doesn't light up allowing me to select it. Why not? Thanks man. Jodie p.s. Wow you've been using Logic for 7 years or so:) Sweet:) p.s.s. Oh yeah Rounik, I wanted to ask you something again about MIDI Controllers: I've decided on the Edirol PCR series, but I just wanted to know, what is the main difference between a 32, 49, & 61 key MIDI controller, other than the obvious # of keys? I mean, I'm not a keyboard player, and I'm only buying a MIDI Controller so someday I can trigger drums loops, etc. via Mainstage. Do I need 49, 61 keys, or is a 32 key one good enough for me? Thanks again man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Displaying Waveforms as Sample Bits
    Hi Jodie, You need to zoomed in on the waveform before you can select "SHOW AS SAMPLE & HOLD". You can redraw clicks and pops in the sample editor when you zoom in close enough and then use the pencil tool. RE: MIDI Controller. I can't really advise you on how many keys you'll need in the future Jodie. But here are a few things to bear in mind: - Will you ever want to play synths over multiple octaves? - How mobile/portable do you wish the keyboard to be? - Go to a store and play around with the different models. See which one feels best for you. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: