macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mobajii
    Recording tape flutters and manipulating modulations
    I'm trying to run the tape echo insert but play with it while recording to capture the different sounds. It doesn't record the manipulations, only the settings that it is left on. How can I go about recording those sounds? I was thinking automating it but it is limiting.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Recording tape flutters and manipulating modulations
    Hi Alex, Why do you feel automating the Tape Delay would be limiting? IMHO Automation is the way to go. Put the Channel into Latch or Touch mode, press play and move the knobs and slider on the Tape Delay plug-in. While you are recording you can also put the channel's latch, touch or write automation modes on. Cheers Rounik
  • Mobajii
    Ah I wasn't sure if the automation could control certain parameters like groove, freeze, and feedback etc. but I probably was trying that on Read mode. I totally overlooked touch mode. That should do it. Thanks Alex
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alex, Logic's Automation can control almost every single parameter of every plug-in. Read mode only reads automation you've written. Touch & Latch enable you to write automation in different ways. Touch = reads existing automation data and writes data for as long as fader or knob is touched. When you release it, the automation value will return to previously recorded setting. Latch = same as Touch, except, the current value of the automation data will replace the previously recorded data once you release the knob or fader. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: