macProVideo.com
Forums
  • edgy
    effect
    hi steve, what's the best way to create a djing effect? example - if record is moving @ 33rpm/45 and then abruptly stopped theres an effect of stopping suddenly or gradually, how can this be implemented in logic to get that effect - scrubbing, scratching, stop and backspin, echoing wooble,wooble?? how do i approach this and be able to customize sound and effects? can this be achieved by using fader in the environment? no tutorial is covering this. edgy
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: effect
    Hi edgy, There are some processing effects you can do within Logic to emulate turntables, but they would require lots and lots and lots of setting up and the end result wouldn't be so great! However, there is a FREE Audio Unit plug-in called Turntablist by DestroyFX: [url]http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/audiounits.html[/url] Insert this plug-in in the I/O on a software instrument track and you can load the audio file within the plug-in... lots of scratching, scrubbing, spin, pitch, speed controls and more that can be fully automated. Let us know if that helps. Cheers Rounik
  • edgy
    ok rounik, that was ok know i think i'd like using the effects in logic: how do you set up Logic to emulate turntables?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi edgy, Sorry, I should have been clearer... you can perhaps get Logic's EXS24 to do some pitch changing and may be even slow down a sample... but it really won't sound very much like a turntable IMHO. Also the tape delay could be used to provide some cool dub style effects with some glitches and speeding up/down using the groove slider - but I've not found a way to emulate a turntable as such. Building an environment in Logic to emulate a turntable would IMHO be extremely difficult and time consuming, and I doubt it would be extremely effective as Logic was not designed with this is mind. I think an app like Max/MSP would be more suited to build your own turntable style music environment. I honestly think you'll find everything you want to do with the plug-in 'Turntablist' that I suggested. It's free. Easy to use. Why not give it a try? I know many others that use it for this very purpose. Of course, I'd love to be proved wrong, and for Steve H. or anyone to show how Logic could be used to effectively simulate a turntable with all effects etc. ;-) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: