macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Re: November is TNT Request Month!
    Hello, if this is the thread to provide input for future TNTs then I have a thought about arranging. Originally I thought markers possibly provided a way to arrange already made sections in a separate window such as verse 1 chorus bridge and so on. I wanted to know if it is possible because it's a lot easier than option dragging regions around to add sections. I also think that making midi parts sound more realistic could be a useful subject. If this thread is just for November then sorry. Sincerely, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, You can use the cycle area to select sections of your project and Cut, Repeat & Insert Section buttons in the top toolbar (or as key commands). Works very well. Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Hello Rounik, thanks for writing back. Happy Holidays. My audio files are always early so I have to zoom everything to get the sections. In order to set the cycle regions it still takes time to get the cycle region right. This requires dealing with the view of the screen and how logic handles that. It would be easier to do it using a predefined value. I could review the master class to look into beat mapping but I really don't want a variable tempo. I wish we could do it to time signatures. Sincerely, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    you can set locators by a selected region or by markers. That can be a lot quicker. Also, there are also some quick zoom key commands: check out save as and recall zoom 1, 2 and 3 in the key commands window. Really really quick way to zoom in and out in the Arrange area. Cheers Rounik
  • danishgreg
    Workflow Tips, for arranging,mixing etc Realised this after watching the Nov TNT on Headphone submixes ,I didn`t realise that you could have a load of submixes when arranging to hear the differences if you play a new midi part f,eks. You lucky Pro`s must have evolved a load of workflow tips to meet your deadlines ?
    Workflow Tips, for arranging,mixing etc Realised this after watching the Nov TNT on Headphone submixes ,I didn`t realise that you could have a load of submixes when arranging to hear the differences if you play a new midi part f,eks. You lucky Pro`s must have evolved a load of workflow tips to meet your deadlines ?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Greg, Yes, the routing possibilities in Logic are almost endless! For Mixing workflow have you checked out the Mixing series: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic403[/url] & [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/prodElectro[/url] They're both very good! Cheers Rounik
  • Kwackman
    My suggestion is a TNT on latency. Why big buffers are bad for some things but good for others. Maybe a quick way to change from when you're recording, to when your mixing. (I think the "low Latency" button does that? How to work out the most effective buffer size. That sort of thing.
  • dynamicalan
    Hello, this might not be a good suggestion but I would like to see a TNT on the EXS-24 the sound generator side. The Sculpture would be great to get better string sounds. I don't know if it's worth it to import sounds into the Sculpture but it's just a thought. There are other instruments that haven't been discussed that could use some instruction.
  • kayleclements
    How about some more info on Delay Designer?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: