macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cusypue
    program change
    Hi to all i just wonder is there any possibility to change banks and and presets via program change in Logic internal synths and EXs24 sampler i know there is a possibility to change presets by assigning a key command but i would also like to change a bank internally inside Logic ,is this possible i search a web and i thing i read this is impossible to do so has anybody any idea how to do this thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: program change
    Hi Logic Pro, welcome to the forums! When you say: "change a bank internally inside Logic" do you mean to do so within the Environment using environment objects? Or would you like to be able to select next and previous instrument or preset using a MIDI Controller? I don't think the former is possible in Logic, but if it is possible, then I think Steve H might know about this... So, I'm moving this thread to the Steve H's Logic Tips and Tricks sub-forum. Cheers Rounik
  • steveH
    You can call up different channel strip settings which, in effect, could be similar to a program change! Hmm.. This sounds like a good TNT topic!
  • Cusypue
    yeah i mean more midi vice then go to and environment simply i would like to change for example esx bank A to bank B and sound 1inside a bank A to sound 2in bank B via simple control massage within midi arrange windows if that is clear thanks any way
  • Cusypue
    sure this is one approach but i do not like to have to many channels strips and would be nice to just simple change a banks and sound as you go via some lets say program changes internally (mean inside midi editor or if not at least in environment ) wonder if this is possible to do it thanks for help and for cool tutorials
  • steveH
    You can save any channel strip setting as a performance and recall it with a program change sent from your external controller or and object in the environment. See page 222 in the manual.
  • Cusypue
    yeah i check the 222 page but i guess this will take some time to load all those new setting an this will probably distract a flow of music but im looking for something more faster like change a bank on the go +sounds to create some unexpected experimental music ideas as i remember right years ago that was possible with cubase and vst instruments and this is what i searching for some quick program change made by for example hyper draw window i imagine something like you drew with pencil lot of program changes and lets say ESX24 will follow and you can get this cacophony of sounds or you like to change one sound to another so you just insert a program change massage and ole the sound and bank is change well hope you understand what i mean i did check your tutorial in tnt as well but would like to do this and easy way if possible something like changing sound of external synths any way thanks for trying
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: