macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Leon
    White Noise and Heavy Synth Filter sweeps
    Any one know the best way to do a super dramatic and intense Filter Sweep for white noise or just synths. For Big build ups before the track kicks back in. What would be the best program to get the white noise from and whats the best way to automate the sweep etc. This is the last piece of the puzzle for my track Thanks a ton
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: White Noise and Heavy Synth Filter sweeps
    Hi Crazee Raff, I'd recommend using the EXS24 for sweeps... Insert an EXS24 and in the Library type in "sweep" in the search field at the top and you'll find lots of sweep presets. Creating a filter sweep effect can also be achieved by using the Channel EQ plug-in on an existing track. Turn on the High pass or low pass filter. Adjust the Gain slope as desired. Raise the Q. Now move the frequency parameter while in play mode. You can create sweep sounds also using Sculpture, ES1 or ES2... but do check out the channel strip settings also and type in "sweep" in the Library text field. 'Majestic sweep' or 'Dark sweep' might be what you're looking for? Let me know if you need further info. Cheers Rounik
  • Leon
    Hey that sounds great only prob when i hit find and type in sweep nothings happens? Maybe they are hidden or something? anything i can do about that Phil
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Phil, are you using Logic Express or Pro? are you sue you are typing it in the Library, NOT the Loop Browser? Cheers Rounik
  • Bj
    Hi Rounik and Phil, Tried what you suggested - Searching Library - and it worked fine... What a cool feature... Off to try a few more searches and see what gold I can discover... : ) The more I learn about Logic the better it gets... Cheers, Bj
  • Leon
    Found it ,im retarted sorry lol Your awsome, i appreciate it. Thanks Phil
  • Rounik Admin
    No Problem guys! By the way, the Library is context sensitive. That means if you single click on a plug-in in the channel strip with the Library open, you'll notice two things: 1. The plug-in will have a white border. 2. The Library info updates to show the settings related to that plug-in. So, you can click on another plug-in to see settings (and search results) specific to that plug-in. Also by single clicking on the "Settings" button on the top of the channel strip (where you can select a channel strip setting), a white border appears and the Library view updates accordingly :) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: