macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jebekiu
    external control/Logic
    hi, is it possible to setup an ext.hardwarecontroller (with faders) and use it as a mixer?( hardw. fader 1 controls volume(cc7) of track 1...etc). I can't find out how to do it regards
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: external control/Logic
    Hi PS, Most definitely YES! This is one of my favourite elements of Logic: Controlling practically anything and everything within Logic with any MIDI Controller. I've explained how to do this in the following post: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=7732&sid=#7734[/url] Let me know if you need any further help. Cheers Rounik
  • Jebekiu
    Hi Rounik, ok I 've assign the faders via the learn function but it doesn't solve the problem. my goal is :assign the faders of the hardware controller to different tracks so I can mix the volume like people do with a mixer console. But the problem is, :If I assing my hardware fader 1 to the fader of track 1 via the learn function and hardware fader 2 to the fader of track 2 it works only on the track who is highlighted.If track 2 is highlighted in the arrange, hrdwfader 2 can move the fader of track 2 but if I move controller fader 1 the fader of track1 in the arrange doesn't move(because it is no highlighted). is ther a solution for this problem. best regard, Paul
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Paul, What control surface / MIDI Controller are you using? Cheers Rounik
  • Jebekiu
    hi Rounik, I'm using a Behringer B-contoller BCF 2000 (USB) Do you have any advise for a controller (assigning faders to tracks is enough for me) I know there's the Mackie but I don't need the other options like peamps .... because I've a very good interface with preamps (Orpheus) best regards
  • Bj
    Hi Paul, Edirol by Roland make a nice range of Midi Controllers. Pop over to their site and have a look. Could be something there that takes your fancy. Cheers, Bj
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi PS, There's a few good Control Surfaces out there for Logic. Here's one example: [url]http://euphonix.com/artist/products/mc_mix/[/url] However, a cheaper option is to get your BCF talking to Logic and even emulating the Makie Control surface... [url]http://www.opuslocus.net/lcxmu/index.php[/url] Let me know if the above link works... I'd also like to refer you to the logic Pro 8 Control Surfaces Support manual (that comes with Logic Studio) for a list of Control Surfaces supported by Logic and from page 18 onwards there's info on setting up a control surface in Logic... But if you have any more questions or you have success with using lcxmu let us know :) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: