macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Automation confusion
    In the controller assignments window in logic 7.2, I want to automate the tpdelay plug-in. So I click on the learn mode button and click the feed back parameter and then I turn a knob then I click the wet parameter and then I turn a knob and then I turn off learn mode and then control the parameters with the midi knobs which is good, but the problem is when I want to automate the tpdelay on another track, in the controller assignments window I click the learn mode button and then I click the wet parameter and then I click to turn off the learn mode button I get a message saying "This control is already assigned to another parameter, do you want to re-assign it?" and then it gives me two options to "keep both" or "Re-assign it". When I click keep both the knob some how ends up controlling both the feedback and the wet parameter with the same knob, and when I click Re-assign it deletes the automation parameters on the first tpdelay. I'm confused does anybody know more about the expert view in the controller assignments window?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Automation confusion
    Hi K1, I don't have my copy of Logic 7 installed anymore... but from memory, the Controller Assignment window in Logic 8 is pretty similar, if not the same... Yes, you're right... I hadn't noticed this before. What I tend to do is assign a specific knob to a specific parameter, e.g. knob 1 to control feedback on all tp delay plug-ins... then i control that parameter on the selected channel strip. It will work for all tape delay's on all channel strips. It's the way I like to work. From my admittedly limited understanding of this, I assign different knobs to different parameters... If anyone knows of a better way to work, I'd love to hear it :-) Cheers Rounik
  • Segejee
    So how would you control the feed back of tpdelay on one track not affecting the feedback of tpdelay on another track? there has got to be a way.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi K1, You can... There's no problem doing that. Make sure the correct channel strip is selected. I'm doing something similar with 3 ES1 instruments on 3 soft inst tracks. I've set one knob to control Cutoff on ES1. I've recorded automation in touch mode by selecting each channel strip and then adjusting the automation for that track... It works fine for me. Is that what you mean? Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi K1, Does it work for you now?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: