macProVideo.com
Forums
  • tasada
    Directional flow of insert effects
    Hi all, I just have one quick question and that is the flow of insert effects on a channel strip sounds as though it goes from top to bottom, in other words the effect you want to hear last would go on the bottom, right. I'm only asking because I saw a couple of people on tutorials place effects as if they were flowing from bottom to top. Thanks,
  • Christian L
    Re: Directional flow of insert effects
    Hi Tasada, Yes, the plugins goes from top to bottom, so the plugin at the bottom will be the last in the chain. I'm curious... what tutorials are you referring to ? Christian
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi tasada, Welcome to the macProVideo forums. Yes, you're right, the signal flow is from top to bottom. Quite often I'll place a limiter or reverb towards the bottom of the inserts as I wish that to be the last effect on the channel strip, and it gives me room to insert compressors, delays etc etc before it, without needing to move insert plug-ins around... Cheers Rounik
  • tasada
    Thanks for the replies guys, Christian, I can't remember what specific tutorial it was from. I know it was a while ago before Logic had a variety of videos. It might have been from one of the free DVD's that come with magazines. But anyway, thanks for your guys help.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: