macProVideo.com
Forums
  • KBytes
    EXS24 - Tuner / Zone help required
    Just purchased the EXS24 tutorial video. In chapter 14, 'Assigning the reference note', at the end of the tutorial there's a brief mention of the 'Tuner' tool. By placing a 'Tuner' insert on the EXS24 channel, you can work out the original reference note of your sample - sounds great, but it's not clear to me how I should use this. I start off with a sample in EXS24, (edit > new zone) Tuner tool at the ready (I have no clue what the original reference key is) so, what's the next and subsequent steps? Let me know if you need any more info'
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: EXS24 - Tuner / Zone help required
    Hi KBytes, Welcome to the forums! You're doing everything right. 1. Once the zone has a sample, make sure Pitch (under the Playback column) is un-ticked. That will give you your original key for now and you can uncheck it later if you want to create a pitched instrument. 2. Now click on a piano key at the bottom of the EXS24 Instrument Editor window and look at the Tuner plug-in. The reference note should appear in the Tuner's display. (By the way the original reference note is usually mapped to C3). Hope that helps. Cheers Rounik
  • KBytes
    Hi Rounik, Thank you for the warm welcome and thank you for the fast response. I'll read this advice and see if I have any additional questions. (Thank you also for the tip regarding original reference). Best, KBytes
  • Rounik Admin
    Thank you KBytes :) Do let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: