macProVideo.com
Forums
  • bequick
    A little help with editing when zoomed in far
    Hey everyone, I want to know how i can edit parts of my arrange window e.g a crossfade between to audio tracks. Only when i am zoomed in very close, and i'll hit the play button, logic will play from the cycle range and i'll miss where my edits are. Is there a way i can still play from the cycle and see my edits without the screen changing? I know this is hard to explain, if you need more details please ask. If anybody has used pro tools, this can be done by using the 'dynamics transport' under options. Cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: A little help with editing when zoomed in far
    Hi Bequick, I think you want to turn off "Catch"? If you turn it off (it's the little walking man icon above global tracks) and then play it automatically turns itself back on... However, Logic has options :) Go to Logic Pro > Preferences > Global [Catch] Here, un tick "Catch when Logic starts" Now in the Arrange, set your locators, zoom in on the crossfade or edit area and press play. The Playhead begins playing from the cycle start but your view will stay fixed on the area you wish to look at. Another tip that may help. If you wish to keep the cycle area on, but begin playback wherever the playhead is. Press pause twice. Let me know if that helps or not. Cheers Rounik
  • bequick
    Thank you so much!!! Is there a key command i can play from my playhead without clicking pause twice?
  • Rounik Admin
    my pleasure :) There isn't a key command for "play from playhead regardless of cycle" unfortunately. But you can of course assign a command for Pause... Another way to do this (if you use the Marquee tool a lot as a secondary mouse tool) is to click in a region with the marquee tool and press play. The playhead will begin playback from the marquee "line". You can also use a marquee selection to play just the selection regardless of the cycle area being active... but i digress ;-) Take care, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: