macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tenogyi
    setting meter change
    I am composing a song in 6/8. It's easy enough in the global track to set a new meter, but I would like the transport bar to completely reflect the change. In other words, my tempo in the transport bar reads quarter note equals 80 bps. However, I would much prefer that I have an indication in the transport bar that shows that a dotted quarter note equals whatever. It shows the meter in 6/8, but the tempo shows quarter equals 80, reflecting four QUARTER notes per bar and the click sounds the equivalent of six eighths per bar at the speed of four quarter notes instead of whatever the equivalent of two dotted quarters. Geez, this is difficult to articulate. Well, if anyone can ascertain what I am getting at, I'd appreciate the help! Thanks very much, and sorry about not being more clear. Steven Gordon
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: setting meter change
    Hi Steven, Just noticed your post. I think I understand some of your question... when i change the meter to 6/8 the tempo does not change from 120bpm (the original setting). But Steve H. has just released this months's edition of TNT2, which I beleive may answer the rest of your question(?) In this months videos Steve H. shows how to quickly create a customizable click track to take into account different meters in Logic. Would that help? It doesn't change the display in the Transport... If you're already a subscriber to the TNT2 then open NED and click on Update. If not, you can check out some of the contents already covered here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic8303tnt2[/url] Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: