macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ben
    Re: "Size by Default" Nightmare
    This might be a little confusing to some as the subject of this discussion as changed. I just watched the video of TNT2 about multi instruments and saw how Steve addressed Kontakt from separate channel strips by converting the CC assignment. Fine.. but how about if I want to adjust the individual instruments' [b]EQ[/b] on the separate midi channels within Kontakt? Are we forced to add an EQ group insert on a desired instrument within Kontakt and use that one? I'm guessing the answer is yes :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ben, Personally, the way I'd do this is to route the outputs from within Kontact and create Aux tracks in Logic for each output. Then insert a Channel or Linear Phase EQ on each Aux and tweak away :-) Cheers Rounik
  • Ben
    Morning rounik, I attempted this myself as well, but I'm not sure how to approach this... Could you possibly give me a small workthrough of your set up. I know this has to do with creating a soft inst (I'm not sure whether it needs to be a multi, as we will create external midi instruments to hook up to a multi instrument we will create in Environment, right?) and loading Kontakt with lets say 16x Stereo into it, then going and creating output channels for each Stereo pair. This by the way is a little confusing in Kontakt. They arranged a setup that consists of 2 stereo channels, 4 AUX and 1 Stereo, while leaving the other unused and un-named channels 'unassigned'. Is there a way to get rid of their setup and rename the AUX channels and Surround to stereo outputs (st.3 to 16)? Ok, well, lets say I assigned different outputs within Kontakt, I loaded different instruments on different midi channels and send them all to their new outputs within Kontakt. What do I do in Logic? Here is what I think... please correct me if you don't mind... 1. create a multi Inst in Environment, enable its midi channels, uncheck Icon so they are independent. Connect this multi to a Transformer to enable control within Kontakt and not a global channel control. connect the Transformer to the Kontakt channel. 2. create External Midi channel strips per instrument loaded in Kontakt and assign the right midi Channel. so I'm getting now different channel strips that enable sound from Kontakt on different midi channels. But External Midi channel strips have no EQ capability of course 3. Now what? :) Do I need to create also Audio channels and set the input to Kontakt's different Stereo outputs? I don't see the outputs I created within Kontakt in Logic's Inputs. I know this is long.. but do you manage to follow my terrible explanation?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ben, Steps 1 & 2 are good... I don't have Kontakt... so I hope I can advise a little: 3. In Kontakt there is a way to assign the output of each Channel... Maybe it's called Aux's or output or busses? Assign each channel to a different output. 4. In Logic's Mixer, find the Konakt Channel strip. There is a "+" sign at the bottom right. Click it to create as many Aux channels as you assigned to a different outputs from Kontakt. 5. Sit back and enjoy as you should now see the violin signal on channel 1 (for example) going through Aux 1, the Bass on ch 2 going through Aux 2. etc etc. Hope this works for you. Do refer to Kontakt's manual for how to assign the output of each part/channel to a different output. Cheers Rounik
  • Ben
    So basically, you get one channel strip that sends MIDI to Kontakt and one AUX channel strip that gets the Automation. I can live with that :) Problem Solved.. once again! Thank you Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: