macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    QUANTIZATION in the Piano Roll vs. in the Arrange
    Hi everyone. I recently played a MIDI keyboard part in a song, and I QUANTIZED the MIDI section in the "Piano Roll Editor" to an 1/8 note, but I noticed when I went back to the Arrange area and clicked on the MIDI region itself, in the inspector the quantization is OFF! Why is that? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: QUANTIZATION in the Piano Roll vs. in the Arrange
    Hi Jodie, The joy of MIDI thru? OK. They are the same, but you're right they should be updated to show the quantize value. BTW, in the Piano roll it's possible to quantize individual notes, in the Arrange you can only quantize whole regions. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, OK, so what you're saying is, when I quantize in the Piano Roll, say at 1/8, when I go back to the arrange and the MIDI Thru says OFF, it still has been edited in the MIDI Thru via the Piano Roll? Is that a problem with Logic? Why is that though? Thanks man. Jodie p.s. MIDI ROCKS!
  • Jehubyi
    Me again Rounik, Yeah, that is so cool how you can quantize individual MIDI notes in the Piano Roll:) Way cool! I see now the difference between the Piano Roll and MIDI Thru = MIDI Thru is for the ENTIRE region, whereas the Piano Roll can be for the entire region or for individual MIDI notes:) Right? Thanks again and again:) I think I've said thank you to you today about 100 times! Maybe it means I'm dumb at Logic:( Boohoo:( Thanks heehee:) Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:44659]Heh Rounik, OK, so what you're saying is, when I quantize in the Piano Roll, say at 1/8, when I go back to the arrange and the MIDI Thru says OFF, it still has been edited in the MIDI Thru via the Piano Roll? Is that a problem with Logic? Why is that though? [/quote] Yes, it has. It seems to be an issue with Logic I think. Cheers & yes, MIDI is extremely powerful & flexible, isn't it! Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Another question here: So, if I quantize at say 1/8 in the Piano Roll, but the MIDI Thru doesn't recognize that I have edited the MIDI notes in the Piano Roll, should I just go ahead and adjust the MIDI Thru to 1/8 anyway? That won't do anything to the MIDI notes right, because I already edited them in the Piano Roll! Right? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    hi Jodie, yes, that seems to work fine. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, OK man gottya:) Thanks. That's weird why the MIDI Thru doesn't recognize when MIDI notes/regions have been quantized in the piano roll editor! Hope Logic fixes that someday:) Thanks man. Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: