macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Burafao
    Result code =- 48 ?
    Hi, my project which i have been working on for weeks now has all of a sudden come up with this message in a box every time i "save" "File with specified name and version number already exists Result code =- 48 ?" And in the project folder a new logic8 logo with the same name has appeared but at the end of the name this sign [b] ~[/b] appears. I click command s all the time and i have to click ok on the dialogue box every time now. Any idea? Thanks TOM
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Result code =- 48 ?
    Hi Tom, It sounds like it might be an OS permissions issue. I wrote a thread on some useful maintenance procedures... Try out the Repair permissions technique: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] Let me know if it helps :) Rounik
  • Burafao
    Hi Rounik, I tried disk permissions and it didnt fix it. This is what happens. I am running the project from the external firewire hd. Before clicking on the project icon in the finder window I deleted the duplicated one with the ~ symbol, then I started the project. When the project started i hit command s to save and the bit i forgot to say in the first post was when I hit "save" FOR THE FIRST TIME ONLY all the ESX24 instruments are "copied". Where to I don't know maybe the external hd? My save as options have the exs instrument and samples saved in the project folder (external hd) and external audio files save there too. One other thing that happens AFTER the initial save is when i then hit save there are 2 progess boxes that appear for a split second each, then the Result code = -48 box appears. Its something I have not come across before. Thanks TOM
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:20529] Before clicking on the project icon in the finder window I deleted the duplicated one with the ~ symbol, then I started the project. [/quote] Hi Tom, Why do you have a duplicated .logic file with the ~ symbol? Why do you delete it? The reason the exs files are being saved again is because you have ticked the option to save it in the Save assests (Save window). These will then be saved to your project folder. You don't need to do this unless you wish to transfer your project to another mac with the same exs sample libraries. But, in any case it can be good practice to do this - though does take up more space on your HD. I can only guess at this point that perhaps the project is corrupted? try to open the project and select save as... now choose a new location on your external disk. make a change and try saving normally. If it doesn't work, try opening some of the Project File Backups in the original project folder. I've come across the Result code = -48 issue once or twice in 7 years with Logic, so it's not common (for me) and has usually been solved by repairing permissions.... Hope this helps, Rounik
  • T-one
    Try shortening the length of the sample names before loading them into the sampler. But first try this. Click edit, under zone select new zone and try loading one of the samples you loaded to make your instrument, hit ok, you should see a dialog saying the name is too long. Fix that and you should be OK, as far as code =-48 goes.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi T-one Welcome to the forums! Thanks for adding this great tip to this old thread. Very useful to know. Is this the same with Logic 9 I wonder? Cheers Rounik
  • T-one
    I can't say, I haven't upgraded yet.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi T-one If this was indeed the issue (sample's name file length in Logic) then it is fixed in Logic 9. I just loaded a file name with more than 40 characters into the EXS24 and everything is working fine. :) Rounik
  • T-one
    In logic 8 the maximum is 30 characters including spaces. Now! if you do a load multi sample procedure the samples will load, and you will be able to save the instrument the first time, but if you try saving or loading it again, it will tell you that files were not found.
  • Burafao
    Thanks T-one, i havent had the problem for months. Dont no how it stopped, but if it comes back i'll remember your suggestion. tOM
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: