macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jycyxyo
    Help a dinosaur - which Logic Pro basic tutorials??
    Hi all, Am a dinosaur who has just come over from the dark side (Cubase VST 5.0, on a PC - yes, you read it correctly!) to buying a beaut of a Mac Book Pro and Logic Pro, Stylus RMX and other goodies. I have been very impressed with MPV.com and will definitely be buying some material to help me get started. My question is: for a complete beginner like me, is/are there particular videos that are an absolutely must-have for someone like me, who has no prior Logic knowledge whatsoever, and who needs to get audio/midi up and running to produce tracks? I'd like to learn how to walk vefore I can run, if you know what I mean ... Thanks for any advice. Greetings from London :) Adrian
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Help a dinosaur - which Logic Pro basic tutorials??
    HI Adrian, Welcome to mpv forums & the wonderful world of Mac's & Logic! I think the essential tutorial for getting a comprehensive understanding of Logic is definitely the Logic 101: Core Logic 8 [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] It takes you by the hand through the very basics and intermediate areas of Logic until you have a comprehensive understanding of Logic 8. Check out the preview videos and contents and reviews. IMHO that is the must-have tutorial :) Let us know if you have any questions or observations. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Adrian, How ya doin? Welcome to macProVideo:) They ROCK just like green and blue loops! hahahaha:) Heh, I've been using Logic Pro 8 for about a year now, and the first tutorials I bought were the following, which helped me very quickly: 1) Logic Pro 8 101: Core Logic Pro 8 (This is just awesome!) 2) Logic Pro 8 204: Ultrabeat Unleashed (You gotta get this one too cuz it's just sooooooooooo awesome, especially if you're into drum machines:) Like Steve H. said, "It's a MONSTER!" 3) Logic 202: Logic's Plug-Ins: Unplugged (This tutorial is based on Logic 7, but you can use it on Logic 8. You gotta get this one for sure too b/c Steve H. explains in great detail about the plug-ins that are available in Logic). I would start with those 3 to get you up and running, and then just buy ALL the macProVideo tutorials:) hahahahaha:) I have about 8 so far, no wait, I just ordered the 201 tutorial, that one you should get too, so those 4 tutorials you should buy:) Hope that helps. Jodie p.s. Also, you can just ask Rounik:) He ROCKS!
  • mtec
    Hi, All the vids are gr8 here and will help u immensely. i used Cubase for over 20 years but Cubase just cant compete anymore IMHO with Logic. Def get Logic 101 it wicked. all the best Mtec
  • Jycyxyo
    Thanks Mtec, great to hear from you, and thanks also to Jodie and Rounik...will get down to it asap! Cheers Adrian
  • Rounik Admin
    Hope you enjoy the tutorials Adrian! Let us know if you ever have any questions :-) Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Adrian, I just received the 201: Steve H's Logic Master Class, and oh my gosh, it's AWESOME too!!!! Get that for sure!!!! Have phun:) Jodie
  • steveH
    Thanks Adrian! I'm glad you like it. I'm working on my Master Class 2 video now.
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Steve H., It's so nice to meet you:) You're the same as blue and green loops:) = You ROCK!!!! I'm looking forward to your Master Class 2 video, although I haven't finished watching your #1 video yet! hahahaha:) I'm on video #13 as we speak:) Love em:) I'm gonna post a thread about Beat Mapping, so I hope you can answer my question:) Thanks a lot, and keep the AWESOME tutorials coming out:) riftmazefee (a.k.a. Jodie Campbell)
  • steveH
    Hope I can adequately answer your post! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: