macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mike nile
    downloading the motif sounds to logic
    hey guys, i was wondering how i can download the motif sounds onto logic. i have the motif classic. i understand i need to download the motif patch? please advise. thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: downloading the motif sounds to logic
    Hi Mike, I'm not familiar with the Motif... what do you mean by "download the sounds to Logic"??? Can you explain how you have connected the Motif to your Mac and Logic. What do you wish to achieve? Play your Motif and hear the sounds as audio in Logic and then record the audio? and/or are you working with it as an external MIDI device in Logic? Sorry for all the questions, but it's difficult to suggest a course of action unless I understand the question ;-) Cheers Rounik
  • mike nile
    Hi Rounik, I am using my Motif Classic keyboard as a MIDI board (yes its an external device). I am able to record the MIDI notes to logic but only able to use the sounds in logic. I would like to use the sounds from my Motif keyboard. I understand that I can only record this as audio. But there has to be a way I can download the Motif sound patches into Logic. Hopefully my explanation helps. I'm not music tech savvy. Thanks in advance.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Mike, You don't need to download them as such. In fact you can setup an external instrument channel in Logic so you can play your Motif's sounds and hear them in Logic. (You will also need to connect the audio out from Motif into Logic). But, you can record the MIDI data and sound of Motif in to Logic. I'd like to direct you to a thread which links to more threads on how to connect External MIDI keyboards to Logic. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=13858&sid=#13864[/url] and here is a way that Christian advised on how to get the patch names into Logic: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=9170&sid=#9202[/url] I hope these help. Cheers, Rounik
  • mike nile
    thank you very very much. i sincerely appreciate the help!
  • mike nile
    i'm sorry but that link didn't help solve my problem. here is my situation: i have a motif classic keyboard (the very first motif made). I have a lot of "beats" and instruments saved on my motif classic. a lot of them have been time consuming and difficult to create. i would like to use some of the beats made from my motif classic on logic. i am able to record the actual notes played on my motif to logic pro. the only problem is i can only use the instruments built in logic to play back my notes. i know there's a way i can load the sounds on my motif into logic, or select my motif sounds for certain tracks used. if i record it in as audio, it will only give me wavs. i dont want wav. i want the actual notes so i can edit them however i want. the way i am able to record my notes from the motif is simple. i just open a NEW TRACK and select SOFTWARE INSTRUMENT. from there i am able to record my motif notes by pressing play on the keyboard. can it be my MIDI set up? maybe if i did a MIDI switch after i record my notes into logic? right now i have MIDI IN going to logic and MIDI OUT going to the motif. please advise. this would be life saver. thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Mike, I understand what you're saying. Firstly you need to create an external instrument track in Logic and connect the audio output of the synth to Logic too. Then do check out the links again. Cheers Rounik
  • Zihymua
    Hi on your keyboard do you have the output Midi threw for bulk upload to your computer, like a Roland synth to be able to bulk download you need a Driver like for my Juno G synth i owned
  • mike nile
    Hi Alrobi, My motif MIDI is connected through my interface called "presonus audiobox USB." that interface is connected to my IMac computer by a USB cable. I also have my motif connected directly to my IMac computer through a USB cable. The MIDI cable on my keyboard is going MIDI OUT from the motif to MIDI IN on the interface. and MIDI IN from the interface to MIDI OUT on the keyboard... on top of that my USB cable connecting my motif board directly to the mac (not sure if that's necessary). Could it be some sort of software setup i need to do in logic or in the MAC or on the keyboard itself? the MIDI SYNC on my motif program (built in the keyboard) is under "internal." should i switch it to just MIDI or MTC? the seq/ctrl on my motif program is currently set as IN/OUT. should i set it to IN or OUT or OFF?
  • mike nile
    by the way, all my audios are connected properly. i am able to hear back and record audio. but i want to use the instruments on the motif for the notes i record on logic.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: