macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Byperue
    Automating aux tracks -- how?
    I've come to a bit of a roadblock in the automation department. Automating tracks -- very easy. Now I want to send some tracks into an aux which has the Sonalksis TBK Filter on it and automate it so a HPF can sweep most of the tracks. However, I have no idea how to automate an aux track (or a submix track). I'd love to use my mouse and draw the data in -- but where? The aux only exists in my mixer, so is this something that is done in the environment or am I missing something? THANKS. Drew
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Automating aux tracks -- how?
    Hi Drew, [quote:39345]The aux only exists in my mixer, [/quote] Actually, it's very easy to add an Aux to the Arrange area. Either Control-click on it (in the Mixer) and choose: "Create/Select Arrange Track" or select all the Aux tracks and choose: Options > Create Arrange tracks for selected channel strips You can add the Output 1-2 if you wish too. Happy Automating :-) Rounik
  • Byperue
    OK, that works great. Thanks. HOWEVER, none of the usual automation parameters for my TBK Filter are available to automate in the usual place after I hit the automation button. Did I miss something? Drew
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Drew, It should be the same... SO, the TBK Filter plug-in is on the Aux track? Try placing it on an audio or soft inst track and choose View > Automation Compare it against the Aux track... the automation drop down menu on the track header should be displayed almost identically. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: