macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Brother John
    Overdubbing Midi Performances
    I know this is a silly sounding issue, but for some reason it is really tripping me up. Say I am buildng a 4 bar midi drum performance and I record a kick/snare pattern. When I go back to add a hat & shaker part, how can I make it so Logic simply adds the new perf data to the existing region without creating a new region which "covers up" the kick/snare part? Ditto if I then want to add, say, a crash or sidestick etc...? Thanks for the help!
  • Jehubyi
    Re: Overdubbing Midi Performances
    Hi Brother John, How ya doin? Well, I'm no expert on MIDI myself, but I do use it a lot and am still learning myself, but I think if you click on the REGION in the arrange area where the MIDI performance is, make sure you have the REGION SELECTED/CLICKED, then hit the COMMAND (6) selection, which will open the Piano Roll window, not the piano roll from the arrange but the Piano Roll window, and I believe you will see the pre-existing MIDI data that you made yourself. I think you can just add new MIDI data onto that selected region within the Piano Roll window. If I ain't right, then we gotta wait for the Rounik-meister:) He knows his MIDI:) Hope that helps. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Brother John & Jodie, Logic does allow you merge the MIDI recordings into one region... Choose: File > Project settings > Recording Choose "Merge with selected regions" from the "Overlapping MIDI recording" menu. Thanks guys, Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik and Brother John, See Brother John; I told ya Rounik is the MIDI-Man:) Thanks Rounik:) You ROCK! Jodie
  • Brother John
    Thanks guys!
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Brother John! I should also add that even if you decide not to have Logic automatically merge MIDI regions, you can do this manually too in the Arrange: With all the MIDI regions overlapping each other, click on the track header to make sure all regions are selected and click on "Merge" button in the toolbar. You can also set Merge in the key commands too. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: