macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ben
    MOTU 828 midi out to MOTU 828 midi in
    Rounik, Overjoyed for you help just now, here's another more challenging problem I would love your help with: I have one MOTU 828mkII connected to my MAC running Logic which is my output to the monitors. The other MOTU 828mkii is connected to a PC running Cubase. on my Mac I set a in Audio and Midi settings a 'gateway' to my other MOTU by creating two MIDI devices (one which is the controller and one which is the remote MOTU) and connected them to the main MOTU. In short, now I am able to send MIDI out data to my other MOTU. I connected both MOTUs through MIDI cable (and ADAT, as you already know, to send audio back). In logic, I created a External Inst track and assigned the output to the remote MOTU, while in Cubase I loaded the instrument and set the midi input to the pc MOTU. I get sound coming as I wanted from my PC into my MAC and I actually stream it into an Audio track on which I add effects and enable soft monitor to hear the result, which is cool. My issue is this: I have Kontakt running in Cubase and there are two instruments loaded, one on channel 1 and the other on 2. I created two midi tracks in cubase and set the midi in to MOTU and the channels to 1 on one track and 2 on the other no mater what channel I send the midi from Logic, it only plays out of the track I have selected in cubase. meaning, I have Logic send midi to remote mot channel 2. I play and hear channel 1 playing in Cubase... I then click with the mouse on Midi track 2 which uses channel 2 and the sound will all of a sudden switch to kontakt channel 2. I'm not sure whether I explained this clearly enough. Please let me know. Many thanks, Ben
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MOTU 828 midi out to MOTU 828 midi in
    Hi Ben, I think I understand... I might need a little time to get my head around this and figure out a solution... One question: Why don't you use Kontakt in Logic? That would be a lot easier! Another question, I'm not so familiar with the Motu interfaces... How many MIDI channels does it support? Does it have more than one MIDI connection? Do you mean you have created an aggregate device consisting of the two Motu's? My first impressions are that it is either to do with the MOTU or Cubase... Cheers Rounik
  • Ben
    Hell, I just wrote a half hour reply and it got deleted because I needed to sign in again. That's stupid. So here's the short version: I use Kontakt on Cubase cause I'm debugging before passing on to Gigastudio which will be another nightmare. I think you are right that it's either a Cubase or Motu issue. I will call them next month or so and post the result then. if I don't forget to Rounik, I'm coming to Europe for concerts on Thursday. How's the weather? Dreadful as always? :) Greets
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Ben, Thanks. I'll still keep my thinking cap on and see if any lightbulbs illuminate (or blow!) Weather eh.... well, I can't speak for the rest of europe but in UK it has been colder than cold. We've had arctic wind & weather fronts sweeping the country... wrap up warm ;-) Where are the concerts? If you like to send a private message to someone click on the "message" link below a post by them. If you don't mind the rest of the forum seeing the link (hey, it's free advertising after all!) then that's cool too. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: