macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Importing files from Pro Tools
    Hi everyone/Rounik, How ya doin? My band just finished recording a song today, mainly for the drum tracks, and the studio where we recorded uses Pro Tools, so we exported the drum tracks as .wav files, and just now I imported them into Logic via the File>Import Audio File method. Now, the song's original tempo is 127, but when I play it in Logic, it is much slower! I tried selecting a region and choosing Options>Tempo>Adjust Tempo Using Region Length & Locators, but when I did that Logic said, "The tempo is 0"! How do I get the the original tempo from the .wav files that I imported into Logic from Pro Tools? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Importing files from Pro Tools
    Hi Jodie, When you say the audio files are slow... do you mean they playback and "sound" slower (deeper pitch)? If so, then it means the sample rate which the audio was recorded at is different to the sample rate of your Logic Project. Simply go to File > Song Preferences > Audio and change the sample rate of your project to match the sample rate of the audio files. Then type in 127 in the Tempo display in the Transport and you're good to go! Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Rounik Rounik Rounik:) My dear phriend:) All I gotta say is this, "YOU ROCK!" Man o man I'd be freaking lost without you!!!! Thanks. I changed the sample rate from 44100kHz in Logic to the original sample rate of 48000kHz in Pro Tools. Just wondering though: Why did the engineer use a sampling rate of 48000kHz in Pro Tools? Isn't 48000kHz mainly used for DAT? Thanks again man. This is so much fun:) Today was the first time we recorded in another software program and imported those files in Logic:) = Sooooooooooo exciting!!!! Your phriend, Jodie:)
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Jodie! :-) Great to hear you're having much fun. I often use 48000 - sometimes I do this pretending I can really hear the quality of 48000 compared to 41000 ;-) . Other times, I've put some music to video and it was nice being prepared in 48000 to do so. Take care & enjoy! Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik dude, What's up? So, what ur saying is that 48000kHz has "better" sound characteristics? Or, it is better if you eventually want to use the track with a video sequence? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, Yup, 48kHz is in theory better than 44.1 which is better than 22 etc... Film's sound is in 48kHz. However, do check out what Martin says about sample rates in chapter 15 of Logic 101... I agree with the info very much! Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: