macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Malizyu
    RE: Logic 8 101 Error in Lesson 103
    I am pretty sure there is a mistake in Lesson 103 "Importing Audio Files". Near the end of the lesson Martin is talking about the effect of selecting the "Faster overview calculation" option. Martin suggests that you should not select the option if you want to do sample accurate edits, inferring that the overview will be less accuracte if the "Faster overview calculation" option is selected. This is not correct. Selecting the "Faster overview calculation" doesn't effect the quality of the overview data it simply takes more CPU cycles to get the job done quicker. From page 276 of the Logic Pro 8 user manual: "Enabling the "Faster overview calculation" option considerably speeds up the calculation, at the cost of slowing down other operations, but not blocking user interaction completely." Martin could you please comment. Cheers, Scott
  • Malizyu
    Re: RE: Logic 8 101 Error in Lesson 103
    Rounik could you please comment. Cheers, Scott
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: RE: Logic 8 101 Error in Lesson 103
    Hi Scott, This is a question for Martin really, not me. However, my understanding of the "Faster overview calculation" feature is that (from my experience mainly in Logic 7) the waveform graphic is not always represented as accurately as when "Faster overview calculation" is not enabled. I do agree, that enabling "Faster overview calculation" does tax the cpu more too. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: