macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bezilyo
    system crash
    Hi to all I am having a problem with my system crashing. It has done it 3 times each have been when I am working on the same orchestration. I have an I mac 2.16 gz 3 gig of ram and this chart is only about 16 bars so far. I am using about 9 software ins 3-4 midi tracks and one short audio. After its been on for 20-30 min it just shuts down and says I have to restart my computer. Any clues? Also I have watched my activity monitor and it seems to be ok. around 16-18%. Another question is everytime I load this tune up all the volume levels are out of whack. If I click on the volume slider it returns to the settings I had, but until then they are all at 127. Thanks TT
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: system crash
    Hi TNT, What exact versions of OS X and Logic are you running? Are you using any 3rd party plug-ins? What external hardware (e.g. MIDI keyboard, audio interface) are you using? Any other peripherals connected? Have you written any automation to the project? Have you tried using a backup of your project? Does the backup crash too? How much HD space have you got on your Mac? Have you tried repairing permissions? Have you tried Selecting "Built-in" audio? Sorry for all the questions! Hope some of them help us get to the bottom of this. Cheers Rounik
  • Bezilyo
    Hey Rounik I am using OSX 4.11 the no third party plugins only those in logic 8. I am using a triton extreme and a kuzweil k2000 for external midi. I don't know what peripherals or automation is but I am sure there are none(haven't got to those tutorials yet). I have not tried to use a backup but will try that soon. I have I think 230 gig on the hd using about 89 with about 149 free space. Have not tried reparing permissions or built in audio. I have an external 200 gig hd but it not listed in a folder so I can save directly to it. I usually just drag a copy to it and it saves it. Is there a way to add it? Thanks for the help TT
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi TNT, Do try out the suggestions I listed. If nothing else, repair permissions is a good maintenance task for your Mac - like cleaning your studio/office and organizing stuff, so you know where to find it... I wrote a thread on this here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] As for your external HD... What do you mean it is not listed in a folder? It is a HD, so it contains folders - not the other way round. When you go to save as... in Logic you should see the name of the HD in the side bar under "Devices". (It should also appear there in a Finder window). Cheers Rounik
  • Bezilyo
    Hey Rounik sorry it takes me so long to responed back tiz the season. I do want to thank you for your help. As far as my external hd goes it does not come up on the side bar when I try to save as. It is not there. It does show up on my desk top and when I drag a folder to it it saves it. Not sure whats up with it. I will try what you suggested and get back soon. Thank you TT
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi TT, No problem! What HD is it, and how is it connected? Hopefully, the steps in my last post may help it appear in the sidebar. If not, try this: - Click on the Finder an go to Finder > Preferences... - Select the [Sidebar] tab and make sure "Hard disks" and especially, "External Disks" is checked. Cheers Rounik
  • Bezilyo
    Hey Rounik thanks so much for your help, you were right on the fix for why my external hd was not showing up. It was because it was unchecked so glad it was something simple.I will try you're suggestions for the crash problem tommorow . TNT
  • Rounik Admin
    Great news TNT, I love simple solutions ;-) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: