macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Slim
    How do u move Regions without shifting..........
    How do u move Regions without shifting there position in the time grid,ie.Lets say you have a few Harmonies that you want to move to different tracks that were already created, what are the keys that you must hold while moving so that they only move down an cant move sideways?I saw it on the 101 but cant seem to find it?If anyone can tell me which chapter it's in or how to that will be great!Bless
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How do u move Regions without shifting..........
    Hi Slim, Welcome to the forums :-) I can't remember which chapter it is in. To limit dragging to one direction while moving or copying regions you need to hold down the shift key. However, first click and hold with the mouse on the region(s) until the "Move" help tag appears then hold down shift. By the way, you can also select this permanently for the Arrange and/or Piano Roll and Score editors in: Logic Pro > Global [Editing] Cheers Rounik
  • Slim
    Thanks,not sure if this is what i'm talking about but i'll try it out later.I dont have a mac or Logic but by next week i'll have a job working in a studio an Logic is what they use so i'm trying to get a good grip on Logic by soaking in as much info as possible.If anyone else has a different idea on this plz post it.Once again thanks for the swift reply Rounik.Bless
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Slim, No problem. I'm 99% sure it's what you mean ;-) You want to drag a region which starts at say 5 1 3 1 down to another track while keeping the same start position. Is that right? If so, it called "limit dragging in one direction" in Logic. But if you have snapping on to Smart or even Bar then you won't need to remember this tip! You can change how the region behaves when being moved or copied and what it "snaps" to in the grid by using the Snap menu (top right hand of the Arrange Area.) Goos luck with the job! Do watch the Logic 101 as much as possible and of course ask any questions here you need to! Cheers Rounik
  • Slim
    Yeah thats it :).The reason i wasn sure is because in the Snap menu it's set to smart but when i tried holding shift,apple,Control (i tried them all in combinations)! an dragging it's still able to move to the sides an ,but i'll be there tonight so i'll try it out as u said.I think where i went wrong was not waiting until the "Move" help tag appears then trying to move them.Thanks once more.
  • Rounik Admin
    No prob's! Don't want to inundate you with Logic stuff, but this one is important: If you want to make minor changes, e.g. ignore the grid value or snap settings, hold down the Control key after you begin to drag or move the region. Cheers Rounik
  • Slim
    Damm that was quick,are u in my house!LOL
  • Rounik Admin
    in the phone line.... ;-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: