macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Alex Commins
    Why us overlap or no-overlap?
    I'm pretty good with Logic now, but nowhere in the manual or in the wonderful MacPro tutorials does it explain WHY you would choose either "overlap"or "no overlap" when moving regions. Can someone help me with the logic behind this part of Logic!! Why would I choose one drag mode over the other? Thanks - alex
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Why us overlap or no-overlap?
    Hi Alex, Welcome to the forums! Well, Logic does allow many variations of workflow... For example if you had two audio regions on one track. Now you want to try out what region 2 sounds like before region 1 ends. If you had "No Overlap mode" on then dragging the 2nd region over the first would shorten the first. Useful if you want to create a crossfade at that point without the extra steps of shortening the edges of the regions to fit against each other. Often I have MIDI regions for drum parts. Say I want to combine a Kick region with a hi hat region without creating extra tracks in the Arrange... using "Overlap" mode you can drag one MIDI region ontop of the other and both all notes in both regions will be triggered. These are just two examples. I normally stick to Overlap mode with audio regions. But remember only the audio region on top is played by that particular channel. Hope that helps, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: