macProVideo.com
Forums
  • disappearing logic
    Can't get Logic to open after crash.
    After four hours of work, I decided to save my song and take a break. When I used the save command all my hard work disappeared,all i could see on the screen was a blank project as if i was just starting from scratch.Now I can't open logic every time i try i get a message on the screen saying that the audio configuration was created with a newer version of logic. this is very strange because i have the latest version of logic (logic studio) and have been using it for a year now. I have a 2.4 ghz intel core dou with 4GB of SDRAM
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Can't get Logic to open after crash.
    Hi, Welcome to the forums. It does sound very strange! What version of OS X are you running? I take it that you are using Logic Pro 8.0.2 with all the latest software updates etc? Was this project originally a Logic 7 or earlier project imported into L8? Try visiting the project folder in the Finder and find the "Project File Backups" folder. There should be some backup projects in there. Double click on these to find one which is useable. If it opens, try the save as command and create a new project folder. Once you've done this, I'd recommend temporarily changing Logic's startup behaviour: Logic Pro > Preferences > Global [Project Handling] - Startup Action - Can you describe the project and what is in it? It may be that your project file is corrupt? Difficult to know unless you give us more detail about what your process was and what happens now. Cheers Rounik
  • disappearing logic
    Hi, Im running osx 10.4.11 and had the latest updates for logic studio. This song was started in logic studio, i never had logic 7. I can't even open logic. Every time i try it gives me a message saying the audio configuration was created with a newer version of logic ,when i click ok, which is all there is left to do,logic crashes without ever opening.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Try the following: 1. Delete Preferences: Go to User Home folder/Library/Preferences/Logic/ and delete com.apple.logic.pro.plist 2. Repair Permissions Follow the steps in this thread: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] 3. Launch Logic without core audio Launch Logic while holding down the Control key. This gives you the option not to launch core audio driver. Please try the steps one at a time and then test whether Logic will open or not. Also, have you installed anything on your Mac recently that you feel may be conflicting with Logic? Let me know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: