macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Beat Mapping Audio
    Heh Rounik, Steve H., and everyone. I got another question about Beat Mapping AUDIO: I have a Roland SPD-S sampling pad, and I made a jungle-sounding beat via the pad @ 127b.p.m., which obviously remains constant throughout the song, BUT, I've just finished Beat Mapping my kick drum in a song my band just finished recording, and now the 127b.p.m. jungle-sounding beat that I made ISN'T in synch with the kick drum. Do I have to Beat Map the ENTIRE jungle-sounding beat/loop as well to get it in time with the kick? Shouldn't it automatically synch up with the new Beat Mapped Kick? Hope that makes sense. Thanks. Jodie
  • steveH
    Re: Beat Mapping Audio
    Hi Jodie, What about the SPD-S loop isn't in sync? When you beat map a project you are creating lots and lots of tempo changes. If you SPD-S is a simple audio file (and not an Apple Loop) it won't necessarily follow tempo. However, if you recorded it directly into Logic you might be able check the "Follow Tempo" check box in the Region Parameter Box" which is located in the inspector. Or, you could turn the SDP-S audio region into an Apple Loop too! Lots of solutions!!
  • Jehubyi
    Re: Beat Mapping Audio
    Heh Steve H., My SPD-S loop is just a loop that I made within the SPD-S pad itself. I exported that loop as an .aiff file into Logic, but after I beat mapped the kick drum, the SPD-S loop was not in synch. I didn't record directly into Logic, so the Follow Tempo option wasn't an option. I then converted the SPD-S loop into an Apple Loop as you suggested, and it is fine now:) Thanks a lot. Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: