macProVideo.com
Forums
  • BenB08
    Generic Controller like in Cubase?
    Hi all! :) I am using my MPD32 with OS X leopard and Logic 8. Everything works fine regarding the pads, but I do have a little question regarding the rotary encoders on the MPD. Because these are endless encoders (360°) I take it they are suitable for total recall with a DAW like Cubase or Logic? In cubase I could add a generic controller and specify the in- and outputs for the MPD, so cubase could send parameter updates to the MPD. Now in Logic, I understand I can let Logic associate an encoder knob with a Logic parameter by using the learn (cmd+L) mode in the software. However, when I change the value of this parameter with my mouse, the rotary knob has no notice of this. Therefore when I turn the know after updating the parameter with my mouse, the knob will let the value jump back to what HE thinks is still on screen. Is there any way I can let Logic share it's parameter values to the associated knobs on my MPD midi controller?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Generic Controller like in Cubase?
    Hi BenB08, Welcome to the macProVideo forums! I'm not familiar with the MPD32, but have you tried setting it up as a control surface? Logic Pro > Preference > Control Surface > Setup... Cheers Rounik
  • BenB08
    Thanks for your answer! :) I tried it but while scanning Logic says no control surfaces are found, and when it suggests to add one manually the MPD32 does not appear in the list..
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ben, hmmm... I'd love to have a MPD32 to test this out on ;-) In the meantime, check out the: LC Xmu environment. This is a Logic/Mackie Control emulation and management for generic controllers. Wonder if it might help? Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: