macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Busses & Sends
    Hi Rounik/everyone again, How ya doin? I've been watching Olav Basoski's 404 Mixing Electronica tutorial, and I'm not quite getting the difference between BUSSES & SENDS???? For example, I want to put a Space Designer reverb on my snares and overhead mics, so what I did was send them to an aux channel via the SENDS ways, but, could I not do the same thing via the I/0 Bus way???? Hope that makes sense. Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Busses & Sends
    Hi Jodie, In Logic 8, think of a Bus as a virtual cable to an Aux. If you "send" to an Aux (via a bus) you can choose the amount of signal that is sent from the channel to the Aux. This enables you to keep the channel's output to 1-2, for example, as the dry signal and the Aux can be a controlled "wet" amount. If you change the output of the channel to the Aux, then ALL the signal from that channel will pass through the Aux. Try it our to hear the difference. I'd recommend when using the "send" method to turn the dry signal on the space designer down to 0, so the Aux works as a true wet reverb channel. Hope that's clear :-) Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, OK I think I understand that:) Yeah, I have the dry signal muted in the Space Designer via the SENDS way. Thanks man. I'll keep reading up on Busses and Sends:) Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, No probs. Hit me with any more questions re: sends if you like ;-) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: