macProVideo.com
Forums
  • grapestone
    Logic
    Hi folks, Hope everything is cool. Here's one question: In the arrange window of logic 8 when I download any instrument, such as piano and play, then after a while the volume always falls on the mark -5.1. Why is that? Thanks and Merry Xmas! Archie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic
    Hi Archie, It sounds like you have automation written on the track? Does this happen when you create an Empty new project? If so, then it may be due to something else. Do you have any external hardware or controllers connected? Cheers Rounik
  • grapestone
    Hi Rounik, Well, there's no any automation, it's just an empty new project. I've got my motu 828 hooked to imac intel, that's it. Best, Archie
  • Rounik Admin
    mmm.. that's strange... So you don't have a MIDI keyboard connected?
  • grapestone
    Oh, sorry, just Evolution keyboard via usb.
  • Rounik Admin
    A-ha!... OK... does the drop in volume happen at any other point, other than Bar 5? Also, can you double check whether any automation is being written... Track Automation and Hyper Draw... for example, click the Lists button (top right) and select the Event list. Click on Notes to filter out notes in the view area and look for any control events that have been written. Cheers Rounik
  • grapestone
    Nope, straight to -5,1 only. I also check other things written above tomorrow (out of the studio). Any other thoughts just to be sure? Best, Archie
  • Rounik Admin
    Oh... sorry I misunderstood. So the fader level jumps to -5.1 dB... I'm pretty sure it's best to check the Event List as it sounds like your MIDI Controller is writing or sending Control change events during playback.... alternatively, try this to test out whether the phantom is the MIDI Controller: File > Project Settings > MIDI [Input Filter] tick "Control changes" to filter this out. Also, worth checking you haven't used the "learn controller" function by mistake to control the selected channel strips fader with a key or knob on your MIDI Controller. Let me know if any of the above works when you get back to the studio :-) Cheers Rounik
  • grapestone
    Thanks a lot, Rounik. Helpful as usual! Keep in touch⦠Best, Archie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Archie, Thanks for your kind words :-) The simplest way to test my theory out is to unplug your MIDI Keyboard and then open a new project and try and replicate the issue... Anyway, hope the steps above help and take care, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: