macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Zero Crossings
    Heh Rounik & everyone, Rounik. I have another Zero Crossing edit question, well rather, problem: My guitar player recorded a loop (1 bar @ 4/4 ) and when we loop the section, right at each 1 beat you can hear the dreaded POP sound. Now, I've tried copying the original region and editing the front of the first region and the end of the second region and then pasting them together, but I can't get rid of that POP! Phuck! Could it be the way my guitar player recorded the section? If so, how can I avoid POPS when recording? While I have you hear, I have yet another question; this one is a little more detailed: I told you recently that my band recorded a song via Pro Tools and then we imported the files into Logic. Well, my guitar player made a template version of the song which we, the band, played to in the studio. I then opened a new project in Logic and imported the Pro Tools files into that project. I didn't know that my guitar player wanted to KEEP those template tracks for the real song, so I never imported the Pro Tools files into that template song. Now, I have recently beat mapped the version that I am using, not the template version, and now I am trying to get the template version tracks into the version which I beat mapped, but when I copy and paste the template tracks into my version, the tracks ARE NOT synching up with the tempo of the beat map. Is it impossible for me to bring pre-recorded audio from one project to another beat mapped project? Does that make sense? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Zero Crossings
    OK Jodie! That second question definitely deserves it's own thread ;-) As for the first question, try using fades for the beginning and end of the region and then loop it. Make sure when creating the loop that you have Search Zero Crossings enabled. If you can't get the looping to work well(?) then you could just try copying and pasting the region? Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: