macProVideo.com
Forums
  • geraberl
    error-43 when loading garageband instruments
    When using Logic 8, and I try and load a garageband instrument I get an error message, which says Error--43 file not found. If I click OK about eight times it eventually loads but I wondered if anyone else had encountered this and had a solution. Running a mac pro, with 4 gig ram, and garageband and logic loaded on principle hard drive.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: error-43 when loading garageband instruments
    Hi Gerald! Error -43 is a Mac OS message which means that a file or folder cannot be found. I'd suggest Quitting all app's and repairing permissions: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] Then see if the GB instrument loads ok. If not, which instrument / Library setting is it? Are you running any Logic content or samples from an external drive? Cheers :-) Rounik
  • Bj
    Hi Gerald, I encountered this a lot in the past but not for a month or so now since the last round of updates. What I tend to do, after updating and repairing permissions, is to try and leave everything up and running for 24 hours, and/or over-night, so the system has a chance to find and sort out where everything is and what needs what... I must admit though I have several external drives of nearly a terrabite, with various projects spread across them. Have just tried loading Various GB Instruments, switching between them, changing them, etc and all is fine. Hope this helps... Cheers, Bj
  • geraberl
    Hi all, thanks for your help.. After repairing disk permissions and making sure I've got all the latest updates, I tried again, only this time I get a message which says 'Audio Configuration is damaged'... three or four clicks and the instrument loads, so it's not mission critical but would like to get rid of it just the same.. All my tracks are located on a third hard drive, but it seems this problem started when I loaded Logic 8, (used to use 7). Any ideas? G
  • Bj
    Hi G, You may have a corrupted project... Try creating a new project, transfer your arrangement to it and reload the instruments... Let us know how you go, Cheers, Bj
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: