macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Paul B
    Configuring TYROS 2 and logic pro
    Hi, I am trying to configure a tyros 2 into logic so that i can simultaneous record (during playing) the seperated midi channels into logic as individual strips. In essence I want to seperate all the auto generated midi information from things like the in tyros accompniments (seem to be on channels 5,6,7,8..) and the direct stuff I play which is channels 1,2,3,4. I also want to drive the midi back through the keyboard for play back. The tyros shows up as a Digital Workstation when i select 'external midi interface', but the played back midi's seem to be using generic program controls which look like they are changing the sound bank settings as a side effect. I have trawled around the tyros sites and struggled to find a 'how to use tyros with logic guide' any one got any suggestions, or help. Thanks Paul
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Configuring TYROS 2 and logic pro
    Hi Paul, Have you connected the Tyros to your Mac already? You will need to create a multi-instrument I beleive for the Tyros.... also make sure that you have the audio out from the Tyros connected to the inputs on your audio interface, and being recorded as audio onto audio tracks. I haven't yet been able to find a specific environment for the Tyros 2, but found a thread on another forum about this. May be this will help? [url]http://community.sonikmatter.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41242&mode=threaded&pid=253488[/url] Let us know how you get along. Cheers Rounik
  • Paul B
    Re: Configuring TYROS 2 and logic pro
    hi thanks for the reply, yes connected the tyros. I also spoke to yamaha they suggest one way was to play the track to the yamaha usb drive as a midi file, then import it into logic for edit and playback (via the usb stick). I am guessing that the yamaha method must at beat 0 do a sysex or parameter midi dump of some kind that would be hard to do any other way. I have a sort of related second question, which is when i import some general midi files (play ok in quicktime), the grand piano parts set up as esx pianos, the rest make a GM Instrument which shows up in environment, but does not appear connected to any output. How do i connect the GM Midi device into something that plays GM files? Thanks in advance Paul
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: