macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ben
    Logic's practical jokes
    Good morning! Just for the record let me share with you something. I am working joyfully on some project. Tweaking the EQ of an AUX channel. I want to hear the result so I go back and listen. To my surprise I now only hear the channel I tweaked plus another one. The other channels function as they should but no audio comes out. So after wasting time checking if I did something wrong I say to myself: "come on Ben, just undo until you find out what you messed up" I undo and indeed the sounds are back. By now you guys are thinking "why am I reading this??" I then REDO to my last action (when I teawked) just to go one undo at a time to find out where I went wrong, but guess what.. returning to the original point where the sounds were gone suddenly plays them. I guess this is a special Logic feature "lets mess with you, until you get frustrated, start to undo, think you are an ass, redo to find out why and laugh at you by taking away the practical joke" Rounik, am I missing something? :)
  • Ben
    Re: Logic's practical jokes
    Oh, I'm so caught up with work that I completely forgot!! Merry Chrstmas and Happy Hannukah to ALL!!!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ben, Happy Hannukah! I must say I've never experienced what you have described... strange. Are you sure there were no regions or channel strips or tracks solo-ed or muted by mistake? Remember there are lots of different ways to solo in Logic. Aside from that, I'm pretty sure Logic reserves it's practical jokes for April 1st ;-) But seriously, glad it's all working again. Cheers Rounik
  • Ben
    My guess is that it's some glitch, but who cares wen it's one of so many. I'm pretty sure it was not the soloing or muting that I forgot, but something tells me that something got stuck when I did solo the track and then un-soloed it. Maybe it was a holiday miracle :) Have a lovely time tonight, All the best, Ben
  • Ben
    OK, well, this is getting annoying. I started having this problem more and more. Now every time I just move a region around in the arrange my sound stop functioning. Any idea?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ben, does this happen only with the current project? Try trashing logic's preferences: - quit Logic - delete or move "com.apple.logic.pro.plist" from User/Library/Preferences folder Cheers Rounik
  • Ben
    Morning Rounik, Yes, it only happens in this project. Tried removing the pref file. No go. What could make Logic mute all my sounds just by moving a region around. I should also mention this: I move a region - no sound, I undo - I have sound, I REDO again - got sound :) My emoticon here above smiles here but you should imagine it a little demented! EDIT: more to add is that when the sound stops I looked in the mixer and nothing is mute and there's no audio activity in any of the channels (nothing in the db meter)
  • Ben
    Now debugging... I found out there is one External Inst track that is connected to Kontakt which causes this strange behavior. I don't have the time to find out what caused the problem, when I have free time I will try to find out and post the results if there are any.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: