macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Braden
    Mod wheel in EXS
    I know this is a basic question, but I've imported some organ samples from a CD rom which had LFO modulation built into them....... When I play the sample back in EX, the mod wheel has no effect. How do I set that in the Ex sampler ? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mod wheel in EXS
    Hi Braden, There's a good explanation of this in the Logic studio Instruments & Effects manual. Basically Ctrl4 maps to the mod wheel. here is an excerpt from the manual (p.441) ------------------------------------------- Remapping of Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheel Events In order to create realistic-sounding performances in an easy and intuitive way, the Jam Pack 4 (Symphony Orchestra) instruments use the modulation wheel to switch between articulations (legato, staccato, and so on) and the pitch bend wheel to change expression (crescendo, diminuendo, and so on). Further information about this can be found in the Jam Pack 4 documentation. This is achieved by internally remapping pitch bend events to MIDI controller 11 and modulation wheel events to MIDI controller 4. To ensure compatibility with the Jam Pack 4 instruments, the EXS24 mkII automatically uses this remapping behavior for Jam Pack 4 instruments. You can also use this remapping model for other instruments by activating the Map Mod & Pitch Wheel to Ctrl 4 & 11 setting in the Instrument menu. The EXS24 mkII will remap incoming pitch bend and mod wheel events to controller 11 or controller 4, respectively. The default pitch bend and modulation wheel functionality can not be used. ------------------------------------------- Cheers Rounik
  • Braden
    Hi Rounik......and thanks for that info. Where exactly is that Logic Instruments/Effects manual ? Is it part of the Jam Packs ? I don't have any of those at present. thanks Braden
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Braden, The paper manual comes with Logic Studio in the box. Or you can view the pdf version in Logic's help menu... Cheers Rounik
  • Braden
    Hmm....that would explain that....I'm still on 7.1. But thanks anyway Rounik cheers Braden
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Braden, There should still be a similarly titled manual available as a pdf in Logic's Help menu.... I think(?) Rounik
  • steveH
    There is.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: