macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Beat Mapping Audio
    Hi Rounik, Steve H., everyone, Simple beat mapping question here: I'm just wondering why is that sometimes when I'm beat mapping the TEMPO doesn't appear on the beat map (I can see the beat map, but there is NO TEMPO indication). Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Beat Mapping Audio
    Hi Jodie, I'm not sure what you mean... Do you mean the tempo changes are not displayed in the Transport display? Or, have you not enabled or expanded the Tempo Global track - so you can't see the tempo changes on top of the beat mapping global track? Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Basically, let's say that I beat map at bar 8, bar 9, & bar 10 (@ 4/4), and I beat map right on the beat. Now, bar 8 will display the tempo change as well as bar 10, but bar 9 won't display the tempo change. I've enabled the Tempo Global track, just sometimes the tempo isn't displayed. Does that make sense? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, I think I understand... But I haven't come across this before. It might be a little glitch(?) Does this happen in other projects you try beat mapping? Also, could you put in your OS version and Logic version and Mac etc in your Forum settings. It'll then appear when anyone mouses over the icon next to your name on any of your posts. :-) Cheers Rounik
  • steveH
    Perhaps 8 and 9 are the same tempo... could happen, you know!
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Rounik & Steve H. Ah Steve H., that is a possibility: Maybe they are the same tempo:) I'm checking as we speak:) Is this a possiblity? >>>> When you drag DOWNWARD with the mouse and the light-yellow line appears, is it possible that the SLANTED line didn't really connect with the sensitivity indicator line? I mean, maybe I thought I saw the slanted line, but maybe I didn't!!!! Does that make sense? Another thing: Does every beat have to be beat mapped? I mean, can I beat map bar 8, bar 9, bar 11, bar 12, bar 14, etc.?? Or do I have to beat map bar 8, 9,10,11,12,13,14, in succession? Thanks. You're right Steve H.: Beat mapping is fun!!!! I love it:) Thanks guys:) Jodie
  • steveH
    Hi Jodie, You have to drag that line to a highlighted midi note (if beat mapping midi) or to a transient line (if beat mapping audio. You confused me when you said in a previous post that you were connect beats. How often you beat mapped (beats divisions and or bars) is determined on what the source material is and how often it changes tempo. Steve
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Steve H., I am beat mapping an audio kick drum to a transient line (I meant connect to a transient line; sorry for that confusion), so what I am saying is, is it possible that I really didn't connect the beat division to the transient line, and therefore a new tempo wasn't shown? Thanks. Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: