macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Linubaa
    Gliss Tips
    ...or Intentional Accidentals. I was wondering if anyone here has found a way of automating glisses, strums and grace notes for certain instruments. When I use sampled piano, guitar, harp, etc in some pieces, I will often do a gliss or strum by physically dragging each note of the chord ahead of the top note, progressively a bit more with each lower note, to simulate the way that would actually be performed. When you have a lot of chords played that way it can get tedious, but it adds realism when you use real-sounding samples. With this in mind, I couldn't help but think there must be some genius out there who has found a shortcut around individual note dragging, or maybe some kind of progressive/regressive quantize tool hidden under the surface of Logic's interface. My apologies if this has already been addressed, but I'd appreciate a link if this is the case. * solo *
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Gliss Tips
    Hi Solo, I assume you're using EXS24 instruments? Well, the pitch bend wheel is a good way to do portamento: Set the Pitch bend range to 12 and the bend to linked in the EXS24. Now play or record using the pitch bend wheel to create the portamento. For strums... Might be interesting to see if I can get the transformer to do this.... But, what I would recommend is to get familiar (very familiar!) with using the arrow keys to select next and previous note. Now, open the Key Commands and search for Nudge. You can use Option-left/right arrow to nudge regions or events by the selected nudge value... You can change the nudge value to tick, divison, beat, bar, SMPTE frame...etc (also using the key commands) ;-) Once you remember how to change between division and tick and how to nudge and select next note all using the keyboard it becomes a little less taxing than only using the mouse. Actually, something has just come to mind... If you know that you want all the notes on say the C3 to be quantised to a certain value, then click on the Piano key for C3 in the Piano Roll... (all C3 notes will be selected), now either nudge them all or try using the piano roll's quantize tool. Hope that helps, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: