macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Burning CDs from Wave Burner
    Hello, I got a strange thing when burning a Waveburner project to a CD. A get a clicking sound on the CD but not on the Waveburner file just on the CD. I also noticed that on one of the tracks the kick drum was changed into a click. In other words, it augmented the upper frequency range of the kick so much it sounds like a clicking sound rather than a kick drum. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Burning CDs from Wave Burner
    Hi Alan, Try bouncing the waveburner project to a file and compare it against the CD. Does the kick also sound clicky on the non-CD version? Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    No there's no indication on the computer but does come out on the headphones. I did review the video but I didn't think it was clipping. After reducing the gain on the regions I did notice it went away. It never accrued that the frequency range not just the amplitude is clipped. Thanks, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, Glad you've figured it out! It sounds like the clipping results from the mixing process then. I'd recommend mastering with the adlimiter as the last insert effect to make sure the level doesn't clip... Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Thanks Rounik.
  • Jossy
    I also got the same problem. Pls help me
  • Rounik Admin
    Hello Jossy Welcome to the forums ;) DynamicAlan (above found the solution to his issue). I also suggested altering the gain on the master track. Do these solutions not work for you? Rounik
  • Jossy
    Hi Rounik. I think you know better than me. Let me explain you. First of all i made a song in Logic pro 7 1.When i play the song in Logic pro 7 the sound quality is very very good but when i played in itunes after boncing, the sound is not so good like in logic pro 7 2.After that i tried in Waveburner i learned in Logic 305 how to burn a cd. In that case i can't burn a cd. Its not working always error. Pls i need some help.
  • dynamicalan
    Hello Jossy, in itunes you can go to preferences and select the aif option to play selections in itunes. Second if you open your project in Logic Pro 8 and bounce from there it may lead to better results.
  • dynamicalan
    Jossy, I did find that the clipping does occur in Wave burner when it clips. You can check clipping in wave burner on each region or the whole project. Region - Check region for clipping. It doesn't sound clipped when you listen to it on wave burner but when you listen to the CD it does but when you adjust the region so that it doesn't clip it doesn't clip and no clicking sound.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: