macProVideo.com
Forums
  • NONOJO
    SECOND CPU PROBLEM
    Hi, Weirdes thing is happening .. I just moved a week ago & My Dual 2.5 is not performing as usal . Now all of my track won't play w/o the System overload. On the Logic 8 cpu reading it shows the first drive is performing fine but the second drive keeps over loading . It seems to skip the first drive & it keeps hitting the second drive hard. This never happened b4 . My computer has been running great for some time now . Now this is on projects that were working just fine before the move. I have made no changes @ all !! I took out ,cleaned & reinstalled all the memory (8gigs) to make sure it wasn't a memory issue . I personally moved the computer myself & know it was not banged up or tossed around in any bad form . Iv done all the updates possible . I have started new projects to test it's performance & only after 8 plugins it starts choking .. Keep in minD what im running , usally i can run lots of heavy plugins w/ no issues . What can this be ? pls help my best J
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: SECOND CPU PROBLEM
    Hi Jay, Try doing a repair permissions: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] May be that will help? Have you installed any other app's recently - or are you using a wireless airport for web access? If so, try turning off airport while running Logic. As a last resort try quiting Logic, moving the Logic preferences to the desktop and start Logic again... HD/Users/*your user name*/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist Let me know if any of the above helps. Cheers Rounik
  • NONOJO
    Thnx Rounik . iv done the repair permissions a few time, as well have turned off the net & that never helped . I just tried moving the logic pref as you mentioned to the desktop but that has not worked either .. GRRR . any other ideas ?? thnx again J
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jay, Do you have a recent system backup you can switch to? I'm a little baffled by this... If you are saying nothing new (except for updates) has been installed... you have the same amount of HD space (btw, how much free space do you have?). RAM is ok it seems? Double check in the Apple menu > About this Mac What audio interface are you using & do you have the latest drivers for the version of OS X. BTW, when you said you have downloaded all updates, do you mean you are running 10.5.6? Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: