macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Harvoir
    Automate release times in Ultrabeat
    For the life of me i can't seem to automate the release of drum sounds in Ultrabeat, i've no doubt it can be done, can anyone help????!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Automate release times in Ultrabeat
    Hi Harvoir, Select view > Automation Set the Track/Channel to ouch or Latch In Ultrabeat (while Logic's transport is playing) move the "decay" on ENV 4 as desired. Press Stop. Switch the automation mode to READ. Voila ;-) Rounik
  • Harvoir
    thanks for the rapid response, i think i missed out the most important part, i want to automate via my midi controller. I cant find a 'via' menu for release, or can i do it elsewhere?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Havoir, [quote:85473]I cant find a 'via' menu for release, or can i do it elsewhere?[/quote] Here is an easy way: - In Ultrabeat, move the ENV 4 Decay parameter (this tells Logic this is the control you want to map to a knob or fader on your MIDI controller). - Open the "Controller Assignments" window (Option-L) or Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surfaces > Learn Assignment for "Xxx" - With "Learn mode" highlighted, move a knob or fader on your MIDI controller to assign to the desired parameter. TIP: Move the fader/knob to all extremes a couple of times. - Click "Learn mode" to unhighlight it & close the Controller Assignment window. Now, moving the knob/fader on your Controller will control the parameter in Ultrabeat! Hope that helps, Rounik
  • Harvoir
    great, worked first time. Many thanks...
  • Harvoir
    sorry, one more thing. Can i automate with controllers the start and end point of a sample? I'm using it to cut up vocals
  • Rounik Admin
    Right... I'm pretty sure the start and end point of the sample cannot be assigned to a controller or automated.... I'm not at Logic now, but try experimenting with this: - Set OSC2's velocity (red) to 0. - Set OSC2 Modulation to Env1. - Set the Via to Velocity... it think... Now there should be a little green slider on the Volume / output of OSC2... moving that could produce some interesting effects for cutting up samples... AND/OR: Adjust the Shape of the ADSR for Env1 so that the Attack can be moved and all the "attack curves" are as flat as possible. Assign the Attack & Release (Decay) for the env to external MIDI controller. This may allow you to perform cuts on samples. Hope that helps! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: